What about VBA?
Author Message
 What about VBA?

OK, so VB is dead, but what happens with VBA? Will it be 'upgraded' to VB.NET
for Applications?

| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Fernando Rodrguez   frr at EasyJob.NET
| http://www.*-*-*.com/
| Expert resume and cover letter creation system.
| ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:21:07 GMT
 What about VBA?
You might search Microsoft's site for Visual Studio for Applications (VSA).
Although I got roundly blasted by an "insider" for quoting it, Microsoft
management has indicated that VBA will be replaced by VSA in future versions
of Office -- they didn't commit to "next version" but "next" would seem to
be likely. Makes sense that is so, as VSA is done by the same organization
in Microsoft who have, in the past, done VBA.

Quote:

> OK, so VB is dead, but what happens with VBA? Will it be 'upgraded' to
VB.NET
> for Applications?

> | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> | Fernando Rodrguez   frr at EasyJob.NET
> | http://www.EasyJob.NET/
> | Expert resume and cover letter creation system.
> | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 00:10:20 GMT
 What about VBA?

Quote:

> You might search Microsoft's site for Visual Studio for Applications (VSA).
> Although I got roundly blasted by an "insider" for quoting it, Microsoft
> management has indicated that VBA will be replaced by VSA in future versions
> of Office -- they didn't commit to "next version" but "next" would seem to
> be likely. Makes sense that is so, as VSA is done by the same organization
> in Microsoft who have, in the past, done VBA.

What!  You believed a published article over a little tidbit of
completely unverifiable nth-hand "insider" hearsay?  For shame!

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  Sign the Check! <http://www.xenu.net/>

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:18:29 GMT
 What about VBA?

Quote:

> > You might search Microsoft's site for Visual Studio for Applications
(VSA).
> > Although I got roundly blasted by an "insider" for quoting it, Microsoft
> > management has indicated that VBA will be replaced by VSA in future
versions
> > of Office -- they didn't commit to "next version" but "next" would seem
> > be likely. Makes sense that is so, as VSA is done by the same
organization
> > in Microsoft who have, in the past, done VBA.

> What!  You believed a published article over a little tidbit of
> completely unverifiable nth-hand "insider" hearsay?  For shame!

Yes, and I am so sorry for misbehaving in such an atrocious manner. :-)

Hmm. Seems like you were around in CDMA when I was being severely chastised
for quoting that article. But, hey, I understand, it was only in a weekly
trade publication of national circulation and good reputation -- it's not
like it was something authoritative.

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:54:20 GMT
 What about VBA?

Quote:

> OK, so VB is dead, but what happens with VBA? Will it be 'upgraded' to VB.NET
> for Applications?

The VS.Net macros, VB.Net Design-Time Scripting - among other things - already
use VSA. There's a VSA directory under Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared
that gets created if you install VS.Net

--
MikeC

Please reply to the group.

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:02:52 GMT
 What about VBA?

Quote:

>> OK, so VB is dead, but what happens with VBA? Will it be 'upgraded' to VB.NET
>> for Applications?

Is it really? Damn, you guys better start a poll. What is the next
language this NG supports? If Im porting, better port with people that
I already know a little. What would be a good language to transfer to
that is similar to VB? Learning curve wise. powerbasic, Pyhon, Perl,
PHP,  PureBasic or  others languages that start with "P" that I still
dont know about?

------------------------
 "Don't shoot!"
------------------------

Hp Lorenzana, MCP
Philippines
2002

Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:17:26 GMT
 What about VBA?

Quote:

> > What!  You believed a published article over a little tidbit of
> > completely unverifiable nth-hand "insider" hearsay?  For shame!
> Yes, and I am so sorry for misbehaving in such an atrocious manner. :-)

> Hmm. Seems like you were around in CDMA when I was being severely chastised
> for quoting that article. But, hey, I understand, it was only in a weekly
> trade publication of national circulation and good reputation -- it's not
> like it was something authoritative.

Obviously, scenarios like this one have /never/ happened, are /not/
happening, and never /can/ happen: (from the "Performance Comparison"
thread)

 URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ub7nqa1v2qri03%40corp.supernews.com

Sure, it's all well and good for you to accept technical advice that
you can evaluate and verify for yourself, but when some "former MVP"
claiming to be on a Micro$haft "shit list" or two lays down the law,
as told to him by a little birdie perhaps, just what precisely /is/
your excuse for harboring absolutely any skepticism whatsoever, eh? =^)

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  Wanna buy a Bridge? <http://xenu.net/>

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:23:24 GMT
 What about VBA?
I must admit that I have had some others, Microsoft employees, tell me that
the Office group operates much as its own independent fiefdom on the Redmond
campus because it brings in the most revenue. They believe that if the
Office group wanted to retain VBA, that they probably _could_, but don't
have any indication that such is actually the case. They didn't comment when
I asked whether it was likely that anyone at Redmond would deliberately
oppose Gates' and Ballmer's fair-haired-children by shunning something (VSA)
that is the darling of the .NET team.

Quote:

> > > What!  You believed a published article over a little tidbit of
> > > completely unverifiable nth-hand "insider" hearsay?  For shame!

> > Yes, and I am so sorry for misbehaving in such an atrocious manner. :-)

> > Hmm. Seems like you were around in CDMA when I was being severely
chastised
> > for quoting that article. But, hey, I understand, it was only in a
weekly
> > trade publication of national circulation and good reputation -- it's
not
> > like it was something authoritative.

> Obviously, scenarios like this one have /never/ happened, are /not/
> happening, and never /can/ happen: (from the "Performance Comparison"
> thread)

URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ub7nqa1v2qri03%40corp.supernews.com

> Sure, it's all well and good for you to accept technical advice that
> you can evaluate and verify for yourself, but when some "former MVP"
> claiming to be on a Micro$haft "shit list" or two lays down the law,
> as told to him by a little birdie perhaps, just what precisely /is/
> your excuse for harboring absolutely any skepticism whatsoever, eh? =^)

> --
> Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>  Wanna buy a Bridge?
<http://xenu.net/>
> WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're
coming  to
> because  my cats have  apparently  learned to type.        take me away,
ha ha!

Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:16:36 GMT

1. VBA 97 to VBA 2K/2002/2003

2. Access VBA Calling MSWord/Excel VBA?

3. VBA Analysis Tookpack- Excel In Access VBA

4. Access 97 VBA v Access 2K VBA - different ?

5. ACCESS VBA - why different from other vba?

6. convert vba 2000 to vba 97

7. Access 2000 VBA Handbook vis a vis Access 97 VBA Handbook

8. vba access vs vba excel (alguien sabe?)

9. Access97 vba VS Access2000 vba

10. Access97 VBA and Word VBA

11. Is Access VBA as fast as VB VBA?

12. VBA 5 vs VBA 4