Help: App.Path returns 8.3 path in VB4/Win95
Author Message
 Help: App.Path returns 8.3 path in VB4/Win95

Why does App.Path return the 8.3 DOS path & directory naming convention,
but not every time?  It is driving me crazy.

Is there a switch setting I have overlooked?

Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: App.Path returns 8.3 path in VB4/Win95

 Are you using VB 4.0 16bit or 32 bit.  16bit works under windows 95 also.
If your not sure, it's on the about box.

> Why does App.Path return the 8.3 DOS path & directory naming convention,
> but not every time?  It is driving me crazy.

> Is there a switch setting I have overlooked?

Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: App.Path returns 8.3 path in VB4/Win95

Quote:

>Why does App.Path return the 8.3 DOS path & directory naming convention,
>but not every time?  It is driving me crazy.

>Is there a switch setting I have overlooked?

It's hard to answer without knowing your system settings, but isn't it
that simple case, where 8.3 gets returned for a file WITHOUT a long
name?

Mon, 30 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: App.Path returns 8.3 path in VB4/Win95

Quote:

>Why does App.Path return the 8.3 DOS path & directory naming convention,
>but not every time?  It is driving me crazy.

>Is there a switch setting I have overlooked?

Are you in the 16-bit VB development environment?

Mon, 30 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. App.path is 8.3 or long?

2. App.path is 8.3 or long?

3. App.Path only returning short path name - Why?

4. app.path only returns short path name

5. App.Path returns "short" path name

6. Getting DOS 8.3 path from Windows long file name

7. Expand dos 8.3 path to windows style

8. Paths and App.Path

9. using application path (app.path)

10. PATH-APP AND MDB-PATH

11. app-path and mdb-path

12. Changing Long Paths to Short Paths in a 16-bit App