To Close or Not to Close that ...
Author Message
 To Close or Not to Close that ...

I am developing a multiuser database application with VB
4.0. I am closing all recordsets and databases as soon as
they are no longer needed.

My question, there doesn't seem to be a way to check and see
if a specific database is open. I know now to use the
workspace collection to see if a database is open. I am
having problems tracking which database is open or closed
and if I try to close a database that is not open I get a
trappable error.

So, is it best to close the database as soon as I am
finished with it, let the Jet Engine take care of that for
me, or just close as I feel necessary for memory management.

Also, if I close a database and have to reopen it right
away, depending on the user's choices, I will suffer a
performance hit. My inclination at this point is to take out
all the code that I have that checks for open databases and
all code that closes databases.

Lee
T. Lee
Digital Productions

Fri, 03 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. To close or not to close

2. To Close ot not to Close?

3. .ldb not closing when .mdb is closed

4. VBA Project does not close when workbook is closed

5. Form does not close from the UpperRight X Close button

6. After closing my application, Task is active an will not close

7. window.close closes webbrowser but not the form itself

8. Form Close Button Does Not Close the Form

9. window.close closes Webbrowser but not the form itself

10. Do not close form on clicking close button in Visual Basic

11. window.close closes Webbrowser but not the form itself

12. window.close closes Webbrowser but not the form itself