Find files in AX DLL
Author Message
 Find files in AX DLL

I want to make a dll that finds files on a drive. I want to set a
property with a path. And then want to get the files with a method
'dllname.getnextfile' . I dont want to recursive find the files first
and then retrieve them with a method because this slows up the dll in
the beginning. I want to retrieve the files one by one, each file
after another. So i have to hold a variable wiht the last file on
every call to getnextfile. Can somebody help me.

Thanks in adcance.

Peter Huibers

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 04:08:40 GMT
 Find files in AX DLL
Your best bet is to use the FindFirstFile/FindNextFile APIs

Download the API Guide from:   www.AllAPI.net
They have a good example

Quote:

>I want to make a dll that finds files on a drive. I want to set a
>property with a path. And then want to get the files with a method
>'dllname.getnextfile' . I dont want to recursive find the files first
>and then retrieve them with a method because this slows up the dll in
>the beginning. I want to retrieve the files one by one, each file
>after another. So i have to hold a variable wiht the last file on
>every call to getnextfile. Can somebody help me.

>Thanks in adcance.

>Peter Huibers

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:38:46 GMT

1. API, DLL, AX-DLL

2. Problems building install file - AutPrx32.dll, AutMgr32.dll, RACMGR32.dll, CLIREG32.exe NOT FOUND

3. wrapping AX dll?

4. >AX DLL's<

5. >AX DLL's<

6. >AX DLL's<

7. >AX DLL's<

8. Battle of the classes, how to get for each in my ax-dll

9. Protecting your AX EXE, DLL's

10. Ax DLL's

11. ax dll versioning & compatibliliy issues

12. Protecting your AX EXE, DLL's