Getting Started with Visual Basic
Author Message
 Getting Started with Visual Basic

Hi everyone,

I did some programming in school, fortran and assembly language.

Last summer I wanted to study Java.  I downloaded the JDK from Sun and
posted messages in comp.lang.java.help asking for opinions on some good
books to start with.

Now I am interested in Visual Basic and would like to know if the
process of getting started is similar to the one I described for Java.
Does Microsoft have a software package I can download that is
appropriate for getting started with Visual Basic?  Any books you like?
Any thoughts?  Thank you.

Fri, 24 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting Started with Visual Basic

Quote:

>Hi everyone,

>I did some programming in school, Fortran and assembly language.

>Last summer I wanted to study Java.  I downloaded the JDK from Sun and
>posted messages in comp.lang.java.help asking for opinions on some good
>books to start with.

>Now I am interested in Visual Basic and would like to know if the
>process of getting started is similar to the one I described for Java.
>Does Microsoft have a software package I can download that is
>appropriate for getting started with Visual Basic?  Any books you like?
>Any thoughts?  Thank you.

A free copy of VB Control Creation Edition is available at:
VBCEE http://mschus.www.conxion.com/msdownload/sbn/vbcce/vb5ccein.exe

VBCCE http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/downloads/cce/default.asp
Visual Basic Control Creation Edition. You must register to get to the
Download Page.

You will learn from it run you files on your system, but will not be able to
make .exe files to export to other computer.

Some book now on sale come with this free edition.

For some tutorial and information look for Visual Basic Tutorial and My
favorite sites on my web page.

Henri Leboeuf

Fri, 24 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting Started with Visual Basic

2. Visual Basic Editor will not start

3. Visual basic error when starting Word2000

4. start with a Visual Basic Script with parameters

5. MA *** Visual Basic 5.0 SW Developers/Designers *** mid-senior level / START-UP + STOCK OPTIONS / Boston Suburbs

6. comp.lang.basic.visual.database3->VB4, Access2 pword prob ALSO START/Run=file not found

7. cheapest way to start Visual basic 6

8. start with a Visual Basic Script with parameters

9. Starting Word 95 from Visual Basic

10. How do I start Visual Basic?

11. How do I get started learning Visual Basic

12. Auto Start Visual Basic program from Excel spreadsheet load