Winsock question
Author Message
 Winsock question

Hi,

I have a little client/server app that uses tcp. I've researched a little
and got samples of code for using the mswinsck.ocx. It works pretty good
except for one thing. When i start a client it always tries to dial the dial
up connection first. If I cancel that it works ok. I finally tried setting
the Internet Explorer option to dial the network only when no connection
present and that stopped the dial up business on my c/s app. However, I want
the explorer to dial automagically and this c/s app has nothing to do with
the internet anyway. So...WTF?

TIA,

Ron

Tue, 11 May 2004 01:42:04 GMT
 Winsock question

Quote:

>Hi,

>I have a little client/server app that uses tcp. I've researched a little
>and got samples of code for using the mswinsck.ocx. It works pretty good
>except for one thing. When i start a client it always tries to dial the dial
>up connection first. If I cancel that it works ok. I finally tried setting
>the Internet Explorer option to dial the network only when no connection
>present and that stopped the dial up business on my c/s app. However, I want
>the explorer to dial automagically and this c/s app has nothing to do with
>the internet anyway. So...WTF?

>TIA,

We have a RAS dialer control as part of our freeware SocketWrench
package, which you can download from our site at
http://www.catalyst.com. Using the control, you can enumerate the
available connectoids, specify alternate phone numbers, usernames and
passwords, etc. The DIALER sample that's included will demonstrate the
basics of establishing and monitoring the connection, and you should
find it easy to modify from there.

We also have a free utility for optimizing dial-up networking
connections. It'll allow you to change the configuration of the
Microsoft stack to give you better performance over the Internet. The
software, and a discussion of how it works, is available from the
SocketTips section of our site.

David

----

Catalyst Development Corporation   | application with ActivePatch. Download
http://www.catalyst.com/           | the SDK from www.activepatch.com

Sat, 15 May 2004 05:14:51 GMT

1. A Winsock Question and a Audio CD Question

2. Winsock question

3. Winsock question

4. Winsock question

5. Winsock question.