API calls from ActiveX - must I make both 16 and 32 bit versions?l
Author Message
 API calls from ActiveX - must I make both 16 and 32 bit versions?l

I have been experimenting with the VB5CCE and I am using the "SendMessageA"
function against a text box. Must I make two versions of my control, which
again will result in a larger download for the clients, or is it a way to
keep both 16 and 32 bit functions in the program and running them
conditionally?

Terje

Mon, 18 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 API calls from ActiveX - must I make both 16 and 32 bit versions?l

Quote:

>I have been experimenting with the VB5CCE and I am using the "SendMessageA"
>function against a text box. Must I make two versions of my control, which
>again will result in a larger download for the clients, or is it a way to
>keep both 16 and 32 bit functions in the program and running them
>conditionally?

I think that ActiveX controls created with VB5 can only be 32 bit ones. Seems
that Microsoft has already "solved" your problem.

Shahar Dobzinski
--
Delete junk mail without downloading it.
Create auto responders in 2 moments.

Sat, 23 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. 32 bit equivalent of 16 bit API call GetModuleUsage

2. 16 bit API calls in VB 3 supported in 32 bit VB 4.0

3. 16-bit/32-bit API calls

4. Version 4 16-bit to Version 4 32-bit

5. How to test for 16 vs 32-bit API calls

6. API Calls for 16 and 32 Bit

7. Calling 16 bit DLL's in VB5 ENV(32 bit)

8. calling a 16-bit dll from VB 32-bit

9. Need to write 32-bit DLL to do 16-bit calls to a software interrupt

10. calling a 16-bit dll from a 32-bit application

11. How to call a 16-bit dll in a 32-bit application