vbsql.ocx won't load
Author Message
 vbsql.ocx won't load

We are attempting to upgrade an application written in vb with a sql
server backend.  When we bring the application up on vb it gives the
following error
...vbsql.ocx cannot be loaded..."
The vbsql.ocx file is located in  the c:\winnt\system32 directory.
Any help would be appraciated.
Thanks
Tom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 vbsql.ocx won't load
Upgrade from what? VB 3.0,4.0? SQL 4.2,6.0,6.5?

TechNet or MS Knowledgebase:
PSS ID Number: Q152032 Changes to SQL Server 6.5 That Affect 6.0 Apps
PSS ID Number: Q186893 How to Obtain SQL 6.5 Programmer's Toolkit and
Vbsql.ocx
SQL Server 6.5: A Visual Basic version 3.0 project that uses the 16-bit
DB-Library for Visual Basic, Vbsql.vbx, should be ported to the new
DB-Library for Visual Basic OLE custom control, Vbsql.ocx. For more
information, see "Porting an Old DB-Library for Visual Basic Project" in SQL
Server 6.5 Books Online.

Quote:

> We are attempting to upgrade an application written in vb with a sql
> server backend.  When we bring the application up on vb it gives the
> following error
> ...vbsql.ocx cannot be loaded..."
> The vbsql.ocx file is located in  the c:\winnt\system32 directory.
> Any help would be appraciated.
> Thanks
> Tom

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't load (or register) custom control: VBSQL.OCX

2. RDO OCX won't load in design mode

3. Comdl32.ocx won't load

4. OCX in VB4 won't Load.

5. VB5 : Comdl32.ocx won't load

6. OCX won't load in VB6.

7. comctl32.ocx version 5.01.4319 - won't load

8. RDO OCX won't load in design mode

9. COMCTL32.OCX Won't Load

10. COMCTL32.OCX won't load

11. ISCTRLS.OCX won't load

12. MSINET.OCX *still* won't register, and now IE4 won't install