Internet transfer control - PC to AS400
Author Message
 Internet transfer control - PC to AS400

Hi All

I need some help in setting up an ftp session to transfer files between my
PC and an AS400.

I am using the Internet transfer Control to establish a connection and
execute ftp commands.
I can make the connection (using IPaddress, username and password) but when
I use "GET" to retrieve
the file it comes down as a BINARY file when I want an ASCII file. I have
tried to send the command
"ASCII" but this just causes the internet transfer control to hang.

Does anyone know how to either "GET" the file as an ASCII file or Convert
the binary file into text??

thanks in advance

Andrew James

P.S.
I can use ftp in DOS to manually transfer the file and this works fine, but
I want to automate the
procedure using VB.

P.P.S.
Please reply to Steve at :

Tue, 26 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Internet transfer control - PC to AS400
There should be some kind of HLLAPI DLL file that comes with your AS400
emulator.  The function call down "receive" is 91.

Have fun.
Rod

Quote:

>Hi All

>I need some help in setting up an ftp session to transfer files between my
>PC and an AS400.

>I am using the Internet transfer Control to establish a connection and
>execute ftp commands.
>I can make the connection (using IPaddress, username and password) but when
>I use "GET" to retrieve
>the file it comes down as a BINARY file when I want an ASCII file. I have
>tried to send the command
>"ASCII" but this just causes the internet transfer control to hang.

>Does anyone know how to either "GET" the file as an ASCII file or Convert
>the binary file into text??

>thanks in advance

>Andrew James

>P.S.
>I can use ftp in DOS to manually transfer the file and this works fine, but
>I want to automate the
>procedure using VB.

>P.P.S.
>Please reply to Steve at :

Tue, 26 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Transfer file from PC to AS400

2. PC hangs with Internet Transfer Control

3. Transfer a file to a pc from Internet server from my app

4. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

5. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

6. Internet Transfer Control stalls transfer abruptly

7. Setting transfer type in Internet Transfer Control

8. Internet Transfer Control and ASCII transfer Help?

9. HOWTO: Securely transfer a file using the Internet Transfer Control

10. Internet Internet Transfer control

11. Disconnecting for Internet After Using Internet Transfer Control

12. Transfer File from one PC to another PC on LAN using winsock