Q: how to print image that is larger than screen
Author Message
 Q: how to print image that is larger than screen
I am having trouble with printing a image that is biger than screen to
the printer. Part (big part in this case) of a picture clips out. The
part that doesn't show on output is the part that doesn't show on the
screen either.

If you have a solution for my problem I would be really happy to hear
about it !

If your solution solves also these problems I would be more than happy.

1) Fast printing ( copying from picture to printer takes too long about
10 minutes)

2) High resolution ( I need to print out picture that is size of A4 and
has a resolution of 300 dpi )

I am looking forward to hear from you

Tue, 26 Aug 1997 15:37:24 GMT
 Q: how to print image that is larger than screen

Huovinen) says:

Quote:

>I am having trouble with printing a image that is biger than screen to
>the printer. Part (big part in this case) of a picture clips out. The
>part that doesn't show on output is the part that doesn't show on the
>screen either.

>If you have a solution for my problem I would be really happy to hear
>about it !

I wonder if SetDIBitsToDevice might be the trick. I couldn't get it to
work to a screen but I am informed most printers support it (use
GetDeviceCaps to check on this). This API is useful because it supports
banding of bitmaps. You can also band through printer escapes (the Escape
API).

Fri, 29 Aug 1997 11:49:57 GMT

1. forms larger than screen / printing large images via VB

2. Drawing images larger than the 'screen'

3. Image larger than the screen ??

4. Printing a form larger then the screen

5. How to print a form larger than my screen

6. Help?? Printing all of form larger than screen

7. Printing the contents of a large form (not all displayed on screen)

8. HOW TO: Print a firm larger than the screen without a call of printfrom

9. Large images in Picture or Image Control

10. Combine Multiple images into one large image

11. Printing Images with Imaging for Windows (Wang Imaging)

12. Using StretchBlt to capture screen image to screen saver preview pane