Info on VB Database ODBC Drivers for Paradox
Author Message
 Info on VB Database ODBC Drivers for Paradox

Hello My Name is Simon and I am Very interested in finding the information I need to perform the task that I have had bestowed upon me.
I have been given the task of building a database solution for the company that I work for and would appreciate your help
In finding the appropriate training course.
My main area of programming is Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0 and Microsoft Access 97.
My task at work is to link to a Paradox Database Application for computerised estimating .
From this database I need to access the tables and run queries and also produce reports.
If you could steer me in the correct direction I would be eternally in your debt.

Yours truly, Simon Franklin.

Fri, 23 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Info on VB Database ODBC Drivers for Paradox

Acces comes with an ISAM driver for Paradox. I've
attached the relevant information from Books Online.
There may be small differences, since this is from VB5.

One warning: Access has some problems with Paradox
databases. Paradox considers an index and a key to
be two separate things. Access considers a key to be
a specific type of index.

Access treats Paradox database tables without keys
as read-only under DAO. If possible, it may prevent
problems by converting the tables to dBase format,
which Paradox and Access both handle well.

--
Ron Ruble
Raffles Software Development, Inc.

Quote:
>Hello My Name is Simon and I am Very interested in finding the information

I need to perform the task that I have had bestowed upon me.
Quote:
>I have been given the task of building a database solution for the company

that I work for and would appreciate your help
Quote:
>In finding the appropriate training course.
>My main area of programming is Microsoft Visual Basic 4.0 and Microsoft
Access 97.
>My task at work is to link to a Paradox Database Application for

computerised estimating .

Quote:
>From this database I need to access the tables and run queries and also
produce reports.
>If you could steer me in the correct direction I would be eternally in your
debt.

>Yours truly, Simon Franklin.

begin 666 Paradox.doc
<encoded_portion_removed>
end

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Info on VB Database ODBC Drivers for Paradox

2. ODBC driver for paradox 4.5 database???

3. odbc driver for paradox 7.0

4. Paradox ODBC driver for the Macintosh

5. ODBC driver to Paradox 7,8,9??

6. ODBC driver to Paradox 7,8,9??

7. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

8. Connecting to an Access 95 database via an ODBC driver in VB 5.0

9. Connecting to an Access 95 database via an ODBC driver in VB 5.0

10. Opening / creating Paradox databases through ODBC

11. VB5 application accessing Paradox 3 database with MS ODBC

12. Specifying a database in code that uses ODBC drivers