Error messages display behind always on top form
Author Message
 Error messages display behind always on top form

I have an app that requires running on top of all other background programs.
My problem occurs when a program error pops up a message box that displays
behind my 'always on top' form.  Users are left with no way out.  (all
Windows keys and Ctl-Alt-Del are disabled) Is there an easy way to unload or
minimize my entire application for any program error or force error messages
to display on top?  Thanks for any help.
JR

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Error messages display behind always on top form
How about before you display your error message, remove the 'always on top'
attribute of your main Window? Then restore it when the user responds.

Steve

Quote:
> I have an app that requires running on top of all other background
programs.
> My problem occurs when a program error pops up a message box that displays
> behind my 'always on top' form.  Users are left with no way out.  (all
> Windows keys and Ctl-Alt-Del are disabled) Is there an easy way to unload
or
> minimize my entire application for any program error or force error
messages
> to display on top?  Thanks for any help.
> JR

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Error messages display behind always on top form
Are you msgboxing the error msg or is it an unhandled runtime error?

If you are msgboxing it, what about the constant options in MsgBox() --
vbSystemModal or vbApplicationModal?

Rob

Quote:
> I have an app that requires running on top of all other background
> programs.
> > My problem occurs when a program error pops up a message box that
displays
> > behind my 'always on top' form.  Users are left with no way out.
(all
> > Windows keys and Ctl-Alt-Del are disabled) Is there an easy way to
unload
> or
> > minimize my entire application for any program error or force error
> messages
> > to display on top?  Thanks for any help.
> > JR

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Error messages display behind always on top form
If I may reply for JR, as I also misinterpreted his question (at first). The
error messages are coming from OTHER programs, not his.

Quote:
> How about before you display your error message, remove the 'always on
top'
> attribute of your main Window? Then restore it when the user responds.

> Steve

> > I have an app that requires running on top of all other background
> programs.
> > My problem occurs when a program error pops up a message box that
displays
> > behind my 'always on top' form.  Users are left with no way out.  (all
> > Windows keys and Ctl-Alt-Del are disabled) Is there an easy way to
unload
> or
> > minimize my entire application for any program error or force error
> messages
> > to display on top?  Thanks for any help.
> > JR

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Error messages display behind always on top form
To be more specific -
    The message boxes I'm speaking of are from unhandled runtime errors from
my app as well as background jobs.
JR

Quote:
> I have an app that requires running on top of all other background
programs.
> My problem occurs when a program error pops up a message box that displays
> behind my 'always on top' form.  Users are left with no way out.  (all
> Windows keys and Ctl-Alt-Del are disabled) Is there an easy way to unload
or
> minimize my entire application for any program error or force error
messages
> to display on top?  Thanks for any help.
> JR

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Error messages display behind always on top form

Quote:
> To be more specific -
>     The message boxes I'm speaking of are from unhandled runtime errors
from
> my app as well as background jobs.
> JR

Ah, well, that will prove to be a more difficult nut to crack. Should have
known it wouldn't be so easy. I suppose you could have your app occasionally
poll the visible windows for one that is not from your app and minimize when
you see one.

Steve

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Error messages display behind always on top form
That could work for the background stuff, but if my app causes the error and
stops I'll still be in the same boat.  I suppose I could write another
background app that watches as you suggested and handles unwanted windows,
but if there's a problem with the proposed 'watcher' app, I could still end
up with hidden errors.  Catch 22.  Guess they'd have to watch each other.
There has to be a better way.  Is it possible to write an error handler that
gets called just before the app actually crashes due to any unhandled error,
reguardless of where it occured or what caused it?  Thanks for the ideas,
I'm a little closer to a possible solution now.
JR

Quote:

> > To be more specific -
> >     The message boxes I'm speaking of are from unhandled runtime errors
> from
> > my app as well as background jobs.
> > JR

> Ah, well, that will prove to be a more difficult nut to crack. Should have
> known it wouldn't be so easy. I suppose you could have your app
occasionally
> poll the visible windows for one that is not from your app and minimize
when
> you see one.

> Steve

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Make a form always on top - always

2. How can a form be fixed to be always on top of another form

3. How can a form be fixed to be always on top of another form

4. Hide a Form's Titlebar and Make Form Always on Top

5. VB Form always goes to top of Zorder upon form content update

6. Can I to display on top form in MDI Child form

7. Can i to display on top form in MDI Child form

8. Message box behind form

9. Always on top (ALWAYS)

10. Make a window always on top (of every window..always)

11. Keeping a Form Always On Top

12. VBA Form Always On Top