EXAMPLE of playing mpeg, avi, etc in VB3 - mcidemo[00/01]
Author Message
 EXAMPLE of playing mpeg, avi, etc in VB3 - mcidemo[00/01]

Dear reader,

This file contains an example sourcecode to play avi, mpeg (and wav) files in
a selected picturebox.

Any comments or questions; please follow up in stead of mailing me directly.

Greetings, JWK
The Netherlands                 AOPOS Development

Sat, 16 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 EXAMPLE of playing mpeg, avi, etc in VB3 - mcidemo[00/01]

(Elmer Fudd  (JWK)) threw this at us:

Quote:
>This file contains an example sourcecode to play avi, mpeg (and wav) files in
>a selected picturebox.

Thank you, Elmer. Great initiative. It's thanks to people like you
newbies learn things here (and oldbies, I suspect I'll learn too :).

But try avoiding binary postings in the future, will you? Try
uploading it to an FTP dir.

Jens
--
* Everything I said are the opinions of someone else.   *
* I just cut-and-pasted.                                *

Jens Balchen jr.

P.O.Box 6052
N-4602 Kristiansand

Sat, 16 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 EXAMPLE of playing mpeg, avi, etc in VB3 - mcidemo[00/01]

(Elmer Fudd  (JWK)) threw this at us:

Quote:
>This file contains an example sourcecode to play avi, mpeg (and wav) files in
>a selected picturebox.

Unfortunately I could not play AVI's or MPEG's. I think that has more
with my computer to do than the program, which played WAV's
wonderfully.

Anyway, since you obviously made it work, how do you make AVI's play?
And where did you get that that MPEG driver? And what's in that dir of
yours called "c:\hot\"..... :)

Jens
--
* Everything I said are the opinions of someone else.   *
* I just cut-and-pasted.                                *

Jens Balchen jr.

P.O.Box 6052
N-4602 Kristiansand

Sat, 16 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 EXAMPLE of playing mpeg, avi, etc in VB3 - mcidemo[00/01]

Dear Reader
     Not to long ago I downloaded a freeware  vbx to play midi,wav, and
avi with a few more.  Its great I will give it to the group if someone
posts a message for it
--

                              SOFTWARE CREATION

Sun, 17 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 EXAMPLE of playing mpeg, avi, etc in VB3 - mcidemo[00/01]

Quote:
>     Not to long ago I downloaded a freeware  vbx to play midi,wav, and
>avi with a few more.  Its great I will give it to the group if someone
>posts a message for it

You may consider this as a message for it. But please don't post it
HERE. Upload it to an ftp-site and give us the address and dir. That's
much better for those who don't want it.

If you can't find a site that will allow you this, mine will. Upload
it to ftp://ftp.oslonett.no/user/balchen/uploads.

Please don't post it HERE!

Jens
--
* Everything I said are the opinions of someone else.   *
* I just cut-and-pasted.                                *

Jens Balchen jr.

P.O.Box 6052
N-4602 Kristiansand

Sun, 17 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 EXAMPLE of playing mpeg, avi, etc in VB3 - mcidemo[00/01]
|Unfortunately I could not play AVI's or MPEG's. I think that has more
|with my computer to do than the program, which played WAV's
|wonderfully.
|
|Anyway, since you obviously made it work, how do you make AVI's play?

As i mentioned in the read.me file and the comments in the sourcecode,
you still need an MCI driver to support avi's. For NT and win95 this is
no problem, because it's already in it (?), but for win 3.1x you'l need
to install Video for Windows v. 1.1....

|And where did you get that that MPEG driver?

Look for Xing it or Vmpeg 1.7 on the Net. (Not the one from Sandra Bullock).
Both install MCI drivers to support MPEG playing with the MCI.vbx, although i
believe the driver of Vmpeg is far more superior...

| And what's in that dir of yours called "c:\hot\"..... :)

He! It's an example! I used the most common dir's, you see? :)

|Jens

Greetings, JWK
The Netherlands                 AOPOS Development

Sun, 17 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 EXAMPLE of playing mpeg, avi, etc in VB3 - mcidemo[00/01]
go for it! thanks! :)
Quote:

>Dear Reader
>     Not to long ago I downloaded a freeware  vbx to play midi,wav, and
>avi with a few more.  Its great I will give it to the group if someone
>posts a message for it
>--

>                              SOFTWARE CREATION

Wed, 20 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. EXAMPLE of playing mpeg, avi, etc in VB3 - mcidemo.zip [01/01]

2. Problems after Upgrade 4.00.3711.08 to 4.00.5303.01

3. Sql query doesn`t narrow year --pulls in 00 and 01

4. Coolbar Code example - coolbar.zip [01/01]

5. Coolbar Code example - coolbar.zip [01/01]

6. find convert input/ouput file QB2.00->VB3.00

7. Conversion vb3 > vb5 - news.txt [01/01]

8. MAC Address = 00 00 00 00 00 ????

9. converting jpg, bmp, etc. to avi or mpeg

10. Playing an AVI or MPEG file

11. Playing AVI and MPEG files

12. Playing Video AVI or MPEG in VB Apps