Adding Icons to the program
Author Message
 Adding Icons to the program

I have searched Books online to determine what requirements VB has for
incorporating an Icon into the program.  That search came up empty.  My
firm needs to be pointed in the right direction to find the file types that
can be used to incorporate a product logo into the package.

Here is how far we have gotten experimenting.  Our marketing only provides
files in pcx format.  If we convert that to bitmap, the file explodes from
107K to over 1 meg.  We tried to put that in installshield express 2, but
that only accepts 16 color bitmap.  When we convert the file to 16-color
bmp, all the color in our logo changes to gray.

Our intent for posting this message is to find documentation we can give to
our design firm, so they can give us the file ready to go.  Alternatively,
if anyone knows of a program that can be used to create an icon, please
reply.

Thanks,
Joe Liposky

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Icons to the program

Joe, VB5 has support for the GIF file format, which is quite a bit smaller than
the BITMAP.  Also, for a good, shareware program, check out Paint Shop Pro 5
from Jasc Software (  http://www.jasc.com/psp.html  )

Tim Hoskins

Quote:

> I have searched Books online to determine what requirements VB has for
> incorporating an Icon into the program.  That search came up empty.  My
> firm needs to be pointed in the right direction to find the file types that
> can be used to incorporate a product logo into the package.

> Here is how far we have gotten experimenting.  Our marketing only provides
> files in pcx format.  If we convert that to bitmap, the file explodes from
> 107K to over 1 meg.  We tried to put that in installshield express 2, but
> that only accepts 16 color bitmap.  When we convert the file to 16-color
> bmp, all the color in our logo changes to gray.

> Our intent for posting this message is to find documentation we can give to
> our design firm, so they can give us the file ready to go.  Alternatively,
> if anyone knows of a program that can be used to create an icon, please
> reply.

> Thanks,
> Joe Liposky

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Icons to the program

A good program to create icons is called MicroAngelo (although it annoyingly
won't let you icons without a 32x32 size easily).  If you want, I can get
the address of it for you.  I use it myself.

Chris
---
Chris Walker, President
Charon Software
http://www.charonsoftware.com

Quote:

>I have searched Books online to determine what requirements VB has for
>incorporating an Icon into the program.  That search came up empty.  My
>firm needs to be pointed in the right direction to find the file types that
>can be used to incorporate a product logo into the package.

>Here is how far we have gotten experimenting.  Our marketing only provides
>files in pcx format.  If we convert that to bitmap, the file explodes from
>107K to over 1 meg.  We tried to put that in installshield express 2, but
>that only accepts 16 color bitmap.  When we convert the file to 16-color
>bmp, all the color in our logo changes to gray.

>Our intent for posting this message is to find documentation we can give to
>our design firm, so they can give us the file ready to go.  Alternatively,
>if anyone knows of a program that can be used to create an icon, please
>reply.

>Thanks,
>Joe Liposky

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding Icons to a Program

2. How add icon to a program without a form

3. Adding icons w/out program manager running

4. adding your program icon on IE or Netscape

5. colde for adding program groups and icons.

6. VB5 Install Program: adding icon to desktop

7. Adding program icons to start menu + desktop

8. VB5 How to add a FOLDER (not icon) to a Program group

9. DDEML.DLL, and Adding Icons to a *Selected* group in Program Manager

10. Windows program to add Icons

11. Add program Icon to a Menu

12. Add program Icon to a Menu...