Book for beginning game programmer??
Author Message
 Book for beginning game programmer??

What book would you recommend for someone who knows the basics of Vb and wants
to learn how to program games. I am using VB 6.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Book for beginning game programmer??

Quote:
>What book would you recommend for someone who knows the basics of Vb and wants
>to learn how to program games. I am using VB 6.

If you're interested in the Internet angle to game programming, check
out our free SocketWrench package, which includes a general purpose
Windows Sockets control and dial-up networking control. We also
include the source to a simple card game, called Fantan, which
demonstrates the basics of a multiplayer Internet game. Although it
isn't specific to the topic of {*filter*}, we also have a tutorial on
TCP/IP programming that would be useful to developers getting started
in this area. You can download or link to our site at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ .

David

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Book for beginning game programmer??
check at www.bibliofind.com
and search for Game Programming
several good titles including: PC Game Programming Explorer

Quote:
> What book would you recommend for someone who knows the basics of Vb and
wants
> to learn how to program games. I am using VB 6.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Beginning VB game programmers

2. Experienced Game Programmer Looking for Assistance with 2.5D Game

3. ??? Beginning Direct3D Game Programming ????

4. REQ: Help for beginning programmer

5. PLEASE HELP A BEGINNING PROGRAMMER

6. Beginning programmer

7. Beginning programmer

8. Beginning programmer

9. Attention San Antonio VB programmers (beginning to intermediate level)

10. Beginning programmer

11. Beginning Programmer Needs Guru's Help!

12. Beginning programmer seeks general advice