email to Lotus Notes - Recommendations
Author Message
 email to Lotus Notes - Recommendations

Hi,

I need to have my VB5.0 app send and received email from Lotus Notes.
As I understand it lotus notes is VIM, I'm not sure if any version of
lotus notes supports MAPI, so I'm asking for any recommendations about
any commerical ocx/activex controls or code techniques to do this.

Can anyone offer any thoughts?

TIA

Brian

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 email to Lotus Notes - Recommendations

Hello Brian,

We had he same problem a few months ago and we bought the "VB-Link" set of
controls (Notesdata-control, NotesView-control and NotesRichText-control) to
achieve a connection between Lotus Notes and Visual Basic !  (Wasn't cheap
though, about 1000 US$)

The Notesdata-control behaves just like the DAO-control in VB !

You can get information on the VB-Link controls at "Brainstorm Technology".
You can look for them at the Internet to find a reseller near you !

Hopes this information is of any use !?
Philippe Rubbrecht, Belgium

Quote:
>Hi,

>I need to have my VB5.0 app send and received email from Lotus Notes.
>As I understand it lotus notes is VIM, I'm not sure if any version of
>lotus notes supports MAPI, so I'm asking for any recommendations about
>any commerical ocx/activex controls or code techniques to do this.

>Can anyone offer any thoughts?

>TIA

>Brian

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 email to Lotus Notes - Recommendations

Brian,

Here's a snippet of code from my program that sends an eMail to Notes using
VIM:

        If Not NotesInitialized Then
            Set oNotesSession = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession")
            If Err <> 0 Then
                ErrorMessage = "Error during Notes CreateObject - " &
Str$(Err) & " - " & Error$
                Exit Function
            End If
            ' set up new document
            Set oNotesDB = oNotesSession.GetDatabase("", "mail.box")
            If Err <> 0 Then
                ErrorMessage = "Error during Notes GetDataBase - " &
Str$(Err) & " - " & Error$
                Exit Function
            End If
            NotesInitialized = True
        End If

        ' create Notes session.  This is only supported by Notes 4.x
        ' if using Notes 3.x, this will raise an error

        Set oNotesDoc = oNotesDB.CreateDocument
        If Err <> 0 Then
            ErrorMessage = "Error during Notes CreateDocument - " &
Str$(Err) & " - " & Error$
            Exit Function
        End If
        ' populate document fields
        With oNotesDoc
            .Form = "memo"
            .SendTo = eMailAddress
            .Origin = oNotesSession.UserName
            .Subject = eMailSubject
            .Body = Message
            .ReturnReceipt = 0
            .Send False
            If Err <> 0 Then
                ErrorMessage = "Error during Notes SEND - " & Str$(Err) & "
- " & Error$
                Exit Function
            End If
        End With
        Set oNotesDoc = Nothing

Helmar B. Herman

Quote:
> Hi,

> I need to have my VB5.0 app send and received email from Lotus Notes.
> As I understand it lotus notes is VIM, I'm not sure if any version of
> lotus notes supports MAPI, so I'm asking for any recommendations about
> any commerical ocx/activex controls or code techniques to do this.

> Can anyone offer any thoughts?

> TIA

> Brian

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5.0 & Lotus Notes email - recommendations Please

2. Send email from Acc97 to Lotus notes email.

3. Help - Creating a Lotus Notes Document in a local Lotus Notes DB with VB6

4. VBA code to send an email message through Lotus Notes mail interface

5. Sending email via Lotus Notes

6. Lotus Notes Email.

7. Pull Email form Lotus Notes Server

8. lotus note email

9. Sending Email with Lotus Notes

10. email via Lotus Notes?

11. Send Email from VB5 to Lotus Notes

12. Creating but not sending a Lotus Notes email