VB5 Winsock - Error 10048 "Address in use"
Author Message
 VB5 Winsock - Error 10048 "Address in use"

========
Yes, but is the connection _really_ closed?  No.  Socket stacks hold
on to a socket for some indeterminate amount of time after you "close"
it.  This is so for a varitey of reasons including ensuring that all
data queued for transmission is actually sent, and other more arcane
reasons I'm not prepared to go into here.  Note, that it _is_ possible
for data to arrive after either you or the peer close a socket.

<snip>

========

I've been writing Java code in between Visual Basic work.  In Java I
don't have this timeout occurence where a port is unavailabe.  Is this
because Java immediately closes the socket connection?

                Thanks,

                Enric

Fri, 15 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5 Winsock - Error 10048 "Address in use"

Caligari,

Quote:

>I've been writing Java code in between Visual Basic work.  In Java I
>don't have this timeout occurence where a port is unavailabe.  Is this
>because Java immediately closes the socket connection?

Sounds about right, there's more than one way to "close" a socket.

Zane

Quote:

>            Thanks,

>            Enric

Fri, 15 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Winsock error 10048 "Address in use"

2. Winsock error 10048 "Address in use"

3. VB5 Winsock - Error 10048 "Address in use"

4. VB5 Winsock - Error 10048 "Address in use"

5. VB5 Winsock - Error 10048 "Address in use"

6. VB5 Winsock - Error 10048 "Address in use"

7. Winsock OCX error - 10048 : Address in use.

8. Winsock OCX error - 10048 : Address in use.

9. Error '10048', Address In Use: Winsock Control

10. Winsock OCX error - 10048 : Address in use.

11. Error '10048', Address In Use: Winsock Control

12. Winsock Error "Address In Use"