Am I missing something or am I just plain dumb?
Author Message
 Am I missing something or am I just plain dumb?

Quote:

> Help!

> I have written a nifty program that will make my job ten times easier.
> But, the problem is that when I compile it and try to run nothing
> happens.  Runs great inside VB 4.0 but outside nothing. I read
> everything that I could locate, but I think it maybe that I don't have
> (can't find)   VBRUN400.DLL  is this file supposed to be with the
> program or what.  Can anyone help me out.

The VB4-16bit ver require vb40016.dll to be on the system inorder to
run.

The VB4-32but ver require vb40032.dll

Ratloaf

Over 560 Windows and Macintosh
screen savers for downloading

      Screen Savers a2z
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~ratloaf/

Thu, 18 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something or am I just plain dumb?

Help!

I have written a nifty program that will make my job ten times easier.
But, the problem is that when I compile it and try to run nothing
happens.  Runs great inside VB 4.0 but outside nothing. I read
everything that I could locate, but I think it maybe that I don't have
(can't find)   VBRUN400.DLL  is this file supposed to be with the
program or what.  Can anyone help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Tom Rowbotham

Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something or am I just plain dumb?

There is no such file. The VB4 runtime libraries are now VB40016.DLL and
VB40032.DLL. But I think If you were missing the associated file, VB
wouldn't run, so I don't think that is your problem.

Quote:
> Help!

> I have written a nifty program that will make my job ten times easier.
> But, the problem is that when I compile it and try to run nothing
> happens.  Runs great inside VB 4.0 but outside nothing. I read
> everything that I could locate, but I think it maybe that I don't have
> (can't find)   VBRUN400.DLL  is this file supposed to be with the
> program or what.  Can anyone help me out.

> Thanks in advance.

> Tom Rowbotham

Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something or am I just plain dumb?

Tom,

Are you trapping errors in your default form load or sub main?  You've
probably got an unhandled runtime error in one of those functions...

John

--

John E. Whitaker

Andersen Consulting
Center for Professional Education
St. Charles IL.

Quote:
> Help!

> I have written a nifty program that will make my job ten times easier.
> But, the problem is that when I compile it and try to run nothing
> happens.  Runs great inside VB 4.0 but outside nothing. I read
> everything that I could locate, but I think it maybe that I don't have
> (can't find)   VBRUN400.DLL  is this file supposed to be with the
> program or what.  Can anyone help me out.

> Thanks in advance.

> Tom Rowbotham

Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something or am I just plain dumb?

Quote:
> I have written a nifty program that will make my job ten times easier.
> But, the problem is that when I compile it and try to run nothing
> happens.  Runs great inside VB 4.0 but outside nothing.

If you've given your app the same name as a DLL or driver that Windows has
already loaded, your app will be classified as another copy of this DLL or
driver, and won't be started.

--
VB Info: http://home.sn.no/~balchen/vb/visual.htm
FAQ: http://home.sn.no/~balchen/vb/faq.htm

Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something or am I just plain dumb?

Put the .EXE in the same directory as your .MAK file and see what happens.
Often it is a path problem.

Shelly

Quote:
> Help!

> I have written a nifty program that will make my job ten times easier.
> But, the problem is that when I compile it and try to run nothing
> happens.  Runs great inside VB 4.0 but outside nothing. I read
> everything that I could locate, but I think it maybe that I don't have
> (can't find)   VBRUN400.DLL  is this file supposed to be with the
> program or what.  Can anyone help me out.

> Thanks in advance.

> Tom Rowbotham

Sat, 20 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something or am I just plain dumb?

Quote:
>There is no such file. The VB4 runtime libraries are now VB40016.DLL and
>VB40032.DLL. But I think If you were missing the associated file, VB
>wouldn't run, so I don't think that is your problem.

>> Help!

>> I have written a nifty program that will make my job ten times easier.
>> But, the problem is that when I compile it and try to run nothing
>> happens.  Runs great inside VB 4.0 but outside nothing. I read
>> everything that I could locate, but I think it maybe that I don't have
>> (can't find)   VBRUN400.DLL  is this file supposed to be with the
>> program or what.  Can anyone help me out.

>> Thanks in advance.

>> Tom Rowbotham

I had the same problem, after compiling the program, it won't run, so
i reinstalled VB and same problem, I formatted my HDD and then
reinstalled eveything, then compiled the program and it worked....
pain in the ass :(

Donkey

Fri, 02 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Am I missing something or am I just plain dumb?

Quote:

>Put the .EXE in the same directory as your .MAK file and see what happens.
>Often it is a path problem.
>Shelly

>> Help!

>> I have written a nifty program that will make my job ten times easier.
>> But, the problem is that when I compile it and try to run nothing
>> happens.  Runs great inside VB 4.0 but outside nothing. I read
>> everything that I could locate, but I think it maybe that I don't have
>> (can't find)   VBRUN400.DLL  is this file supposed to be with the
>> program or what.  Can anyone help me out.

>> Thanks in advance.

>> Tom Rowbotham

I also have this problem if you find the answer then please let me
know how you solved it.

I am taking delivery of a new pc today and I shall try installing vb4
first to see what happens.

cheers

Sat, 03 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Am I missing something???? Or Am I just Dumb????

2. Access Runtime - Am I Missing Something?

3. AM I missing something - Sum and Cumulative Sum

4. VBA For Dummies --- Am I missing something here?

5. Am I missing something?

6. Am I missing something?

7. Am I missing something incredibly easy?

8. Am I missing something in the DHTML Editor?

9. Undraggable controls: Am I Missing something???

10. Am I missing Something?

11. Am I missing something?

12. Am I missing something here ...? Instr Function