Help: Windows 95 Desktop Handle
Author Message
 Help: Windows 95 Desktop Handle

Hi all,

How can I get the handle to the Windows 95 desktop?

Please help as I really need to know.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Fri, 10 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Windows 95 Desktop Handle

Quote:

> Hi all,

> How can I get the handle to the Windows 95 desktop?

> Please help as I really need to know.

> Many thanks in advance.

> Chris

Hi Chris:

Use the API function as follows:

'Gets window handle for Desktop window.
Private Declare Function GetDesktopWindow Lib "User32" () As Long

    Dim hdesktopwnd
    'Get handle to Desktop.
    hdesktopwnd = GetDesktopWindow()

Rgds
Jeff Hong YAN

Fri, 10 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dragging icon from Windows 95 or NT 4.0 desktop to a VB5 application

2. Windows 95 desktop manipulation

3. Dragging icon from Windows 95 or NT 4.0 desktop to a VB5 application

4. Windows 95 B, Setup Wizard Issues Setup.EXE on Windows 95 A

5. Windows 95 B, Setup Wizard Issues Setup.EXE on Windows 95 A

6. Please help Newbie--Shelling Win 95 desktop

7. Please help newbie--Shelling Win 95 desktop

8. If you are using Windows 95 or Windows NT

9. Deploy dotnet windows application in windows 95/98

10. Vb5 in Windows 95 or Windows 98

11. Application runs with Windows 95/NT, but doesn't work with Windows 98

12. Windows NT Password Change From Windows 95 Client