Specified SQL server not found.
Author Message
 Specified SQL server not found.

I have a DataGrid bound to an adodc datacontrol.
At the top of the form is an array of three option
buttons.

In the click event of the option buttons there is a
procedure call to re-populate the datacontrol with a
new SQL statement.

When the form loads OptSector(1).value is true and the
datacontrol is populated accordingly. However if the
first action taken is to click optsector(2) or (3)
with the mouse, a run-time error;

firstly;

 [DBNMPNTW] Specified SQL server not found.

then;

 Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)':

 Method 'Refresh' of object 'IAdodc' failed

occurs.

However, if you select optsector(2) using keyboard
(arrow keys), the datacontrol is populated correctly
and no error occurs.

Similarly if you double-click on the datagrid, which
brings up a dialogue form, close the dialogue and then
select optsector(2) using the mouse, no error occurs.

I have stepped through the code, and on each occasion
the stages are identical.

Tue, 12 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Specified SQL server not found (ERROR)

2. Specified SQL Server not found error

3. Specified SQL server not found.

4. Specified SQL server not found.

5. Error #-2146824582 ADO could not find the specified provider Using SQL SERVER CE

6. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

7. Specified Server Not Found Error

8. SQL-Server not found

9. Another Physical DB not found (but with SQL server)

10. SQL Server Not Found

11. Crystal 6 with Oracle - Error 599 SQL SERVER NOT FOUND

12. Can not find SQL Server