32-bit VB4 Pro in Win 95 crashes
Author Message
 32-bit VB4 Pro in Win 95 crashes

Gentlemen:

I am studying VB 4 Pro edition and can't seem to get the 32-bit version
to launch under Windows 95.  The 16-bit version seems to run find.
Specifically the 32-bit applicaiton crashes when I try launch it from
95.

Is there a patch available to make the 32-bit version work?

E-mail replies please.  Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Best regards to all.
--
* Canada Post management is a cesspool of human waste:
  All the *SHIT* floats to the top.  (I worked there once!)

Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 32-bit VB4 Pro in Win 95 crashes

Hello Anthony,

Something else must be going on.  I'm running the 32bit version of VB under
Windows95 even as we speak with no problems.  In fact, I've never had a
problem starting VB under Windows 95.

I'd try using the Uninstall program (Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs)
to remove VB 4.0 32 bit from your system and re-install.  Maybe a DLL got
corrupted or something.  If that doesn't work, call for Free Setup Support
from MS.

I hope that helps point you in the right direction, good luck,

Larry Tubbs, MCPS, MCSD
Silverleaf Vacation Club

http://www.flash.net/~enigma/

Quote:
> Gentlemen:

> I am studying VB 4 Pro edition and can't seem to get the 32-bit version
> to launch under Windows 95.  The 16-bit version seems to run find.
> Specifically the 32-bit applicaiton crashes when I try launch it from
> 95.

> Is there a patch available to make the 32-bit version work?

> E-mail replies please.  Thanks in advance to all who respond.

> Best regards to all.
> --
> * Canada Post management is a cesspool of human waste:
>   All the *SHIT* floats to the top.  (I worked there once!)
> * PGP encryption key available for secured transmissions.
> * http://mypage.direct.ca/a/amaw/

Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 32-bit VB4 Pro in Win 95 crashes

Quote:
> I am studying VB 4 Pro edition and can't seem to get the 32-bit version
> to launch under Windows 95.  The 16-bit version seems to run find.
> Specifically the 32-bit applicaiton crashes when I try launch it from
> 95.

Look at:

1) Virus.
2) Windows 95 Service Pack 1
3) Problems in the installation process. Try to reinstall.
4) Applications that upgraded certain DLLs in your system.

If you installed Windows 95 from Windows 3.1, then you got serious problems
knocking at your door.

--
+Greetings from Mexico+
|                     |

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 32-bit VB4 Pro in Win 95 crashes

Quote:
>I am studying VB 4 Pro edition and can't seem to get the 32-bit
>version to launch under Windows 95.  The 16-bit version seems
>to run find. Specifically the 32-bit applicaiton crashes when
>I try launch it from 95.

Did you install the 32 bit verision before the 16 bit version?  If
so, uninstall the 32 bit, then reinstall the 16 bit then reinstall
the 32.  This necessity of this order is detailed in the setup help
file, albeit burried a fair ways in.

--------------
Randy Birch
Microsoft MVP

Moderator, Fidonet Visual Basic Programmer's Conference

Visit VBnet at http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/rasanen/

Wed, 30 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. A colour question (Win 95 and VB4 Pro 32 bit)

2. After VB4 Pro 32-bit Install ven2232.olb not found displayed on VB4 startup

3. Calling 16 bit DLL from VB4 16 bit in Win 95

4. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

5. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

6. - Windows 95 Drag and Drop w/ VB4 (32-BIT)

7. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

8. String arguments between VB and a Fortran DLL (VB4-32/Powerstation 4.0/Win 95)

9. Disabling Sounds in VB4-32 Win 95

10. String arguments between VB and a Fortran DLL (VB4-32/Powerstation 4.0/Win 95)

11. TIME TO WIN 32-Bit DLL for VB 4.0 32-Bit or Higher (VB5)

12. TIME TO WIN 32-Bit (v4.04) (+750 functions) for VB 4.0 32-Bit