Need ZIP source code or freeware ZIP DLL
Author Message
 Need ZIP source code or freeware ZIP DLL

I need to ZIP a file synchronously from within VB.  I cannot shell to DOS pkzip
because I have no way to halt program execution while pkzip is running
(GetModuleUsage() doesn't work, probably because I am running WIN-OS/2 & OS/2
spawns the DOS box, not WIN-OS/2 so I always get 0 return code on
GetModuleUsage() for DOS programs).  GetModuleUsage() works fine on windows
programs, so I need a windows ZIP program that accepts command-line parameters
or a DLL that can do the zipping.  Every program/DLL I've found up to this
point is crippleware, so I'm ready to do the zipping myself in VB code if
someone knows where I can get the source.  Either that or a simple DLL to zip
just one file.  That can't be so difficult as to demand $$$ for.

Bob

Tue, 14 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need ZIP source code or freeware ZIP DLL

Twice I've tried to sit down and look at the source code of Info-Zip
(a pkzip compatible zipper. zipper?) and twice I've put it off.  It's
a tall order.  Of course, that's from where I'm standing.

George

Quote:
>I need to ZIP a file synchronously from within VB.  I cannot shell to DOS pkzip
>because I have no way to halt program execution while pkzip is running
>(GetModuleUsage() doesn't work, probably because I am running WIN-OS/2 & OS/2
>spawns the DOS box, not WIN-OS/2 so I always get 0 return code on
>GetModuleUsage() for DOS programs).  GetModuleUsage() works fine on windows
>programs, so I need a windows ZIP program that accepts command-line parameters
>or a DLL that can do the zipping.  Every program/DLL I've found up to this
>point is crippleware, so I'm ready to do the zipping myself in VB code if
>someone knows where I can get the source.  Either that or a simple DLL to zip
>just one file.  That can't be so difficult as to demand $$$ for.
>Bob

 George R. Torralba              xxxxxxxxxxxx                  Batang Cebu!!!
 Seattle, Washington             206.241.2801              MIME mail accepted

Fri, 17 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need ZIP source code or freeware ZIP DLL
Hi !

[...snip...snap...]
 >That can't be so difficult as to demand $$$ for.

If it is worth writing an email, then it's also worth paying money !!!

Greetinx from Patrick

Fri, 31 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need ZIP source code or freeware ZIP DLL
Re: Need ZIP source code or freeware ZIP DLL

Hi there!
It's not freeweare but for the money you'll get a GREAT pack of tools &
routines, also the UNZIP-thing you're looking for.
It's from Crescent and it's called QuickPak Pro.

That's all, folks!

Joachim Hornig

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/SOUNDVISION/homepage.htm

Sun, 09 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need ZIP source code or freeware ZIP DLL

Quote:
>Re: Need ZIP source code or freeware ZIP DLL

>Hi there!
>It's not freeweare but for the money you'll get a GREAT pack of tools &
>routines, also the UNZIP-thing you're looking for.
>It's from Crescent and it's called QuickPak Pro.

     There is a freeware ZIP decompression component for Delphi.  You could
either compile it into a DLL, or translate it to VB.
_
Pennsylvania: Constructionwealth of Pennsylvania

|Physically in Church Hill, TN - Logically Not Sure          |

>>SQUID - The ultimate database reader, and NO limits. #$737961

**Special Compile: 1.033B (Beta)

Mon, 17 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Freeware ZIP DLL??

2. Freeware zip control/Dll

3. abcrd001.zip/abc0995.zip - ALL BASIC CODE Packets/Reader/Extractor

4. SOURCE CODE FOR ARC/ZIP DECODING/ENC

5. SOURCE CODE FOR ARC/ZIP DECODING/ENCODING

6. Source code to zip and arj

7. My Calendar - the source code - mycal.zip [1/1]

8. Source Code for Info-Zip

9. Source Code for InFo-Zip

10. FREEWARE - VISUAL BASIC TOOLBAR BITMAPS - vb_bitmaps.zip (0/1)

11. FREEWARE - VISUAL BASIC TOOLBAR BITMAPS - vb_bitmaps.zip (1/1)

12. Help:Zip/ unzip within a vb application Freeware