At the end of my rope.......WinNT....
Author Message
 At the end of my rope.......WinNT....

I've created a program that hooks into the windows message queue among other
things.  It works fine with window95 but when it's run in WindowsNT it
causes the other program, that I'm connecting to to crash.  I'm starting to
suspect the dlls and or path to the dll aren't set up correctly.  EG.
normally in window95 the dll will be found on the path.  Does windowNT act
the same way or do you have to set something like LIBPATH=.  One of the main
problems I have will all this, is that I don't have access to a windowsNT
machine....

Can Anyone give me any suggestions......

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 At the end of my rope.......WinNT....
Try to retrive Windows system directory (assuming DLLs are there), there is
a certain API call for that (don't recall it).

Hope this helps atleast a bit!

--
Ales Mustar

Remove one "i" from the email address in word ziig to email me.

Quote:

>I've created a program that hooks into the windows message queue among
other
>things.  It works fine with window95 but when it's run in WindowsNT it
>causes the other program, that I'm connecting to to crash.  I'm starting to
>suspect the dlls and or path to the dll aren't set up correctly.  EG.
>normally in window95 the dll will be found on the path.  Does windowNT act
>the same way or do you have to set something like LIBPATH=.  One of the
main
>problems I have will all this, is that I don't have access to a windowsNT
>machine....

>Can Anyone give me any suggestions......

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 At the end of my rope.......WinNT....

:I've created a program that hooks into the windows message queue among
other
:things.  It works fine with window95 but when it's run in WindowsNT it
:causes the other program, that I'm connecting to to crash.  I'm starting to
:suspect the dlls and or path to the dll aren't set up correctly.  EG.
:normally in window95 the dll will be found on the path.  Does windowNT act
:the same way or do you have to set something like LIBPATH=.  One of the
main
:problems I have will all this, is that I don't have access to a windowsNT
:machine....
IIRC, NT doesn't let you do hooks into the message queue, unless you're
thinking of SetWindowsHookEx and its associates. You might want to take a
look at CreateRemoteThread(), VirtualAllocEx(), VirtualFreeEx(),
VirtualProtectEx() and VirtualQueryEx(); the declarations & info. can be
obtained from MSDN or other sources.

--
Damit Senanayake
ICQ#: 6930718

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. At the end of my rope.......WinNT....

2. At the end of my rope.......WinNT....

3. At the end of my rope.......WinNT....

4. WinNT End Task message

5. SOAP and rope

6. SOAP and rope

7. SOAP and rope

8. Compile Error: End if without block end if

9. A2k: Controlling a back-end MDB from its FRONT-end MDB

10. A2K Updating Back End with new fields from Front End

11. Compact the back-end data from the front-end

12. Corrupted back end corrputs all front ends!