VB6 program killed VB4-32 compiler, Please help..OLE Automation Error+ some
Author Message
 VB6 program killed VB4-32 compiler, Please help..OLE Automation Error+ some

hi,

I Just installed a program with VB6 runtimes.  First one to install in
this machine.

When I load my project I get these errors:

First a MsgBox -> "OLE Automation Error  "
Then varios form load errors:

Below is one of the log files (all the same errors).  Looks like Msoft
changed the calls again!!!!

Line 768: Class MSComDlg.CommonDialog of control CommonDialog1 was not
a loaded control class.
Line 771: The property name _ExtentX in CommonDialog1 is invalid.
Line 772: The property name _ExtentY in CommonDialog1 is invalid.
Line 773: The property name _Version in CommonDialog1 is invalid.

If anyone can help with some sort of fix please help.

Thanks,
Garrett

Please delete the caps to email me.

thanks in advance,
Garrett

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 program killed VB4-32 compiler, Please help..OLE Automation Error+ some
I'm forever getting this, too when switching from one dev. machine to
another.

The VB6 file has installed (and registered) version 6 of the MS Common
Dialog control.   Whta you'll need to do is run REGSVR32 /U against
the current offending COMDLG32.OCX in your \WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory,
then delete that file.   Then copy the original COMDLG32.OCX from your
VB4/VB5 disks/Cd into your \WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory, then run
REGSVR32 against it to re-register the v4/v5 version.

Now, when you load in your source-code, it shouldn't complain about
not being able to load the "CommonDialog1 control class"!

Hope this helps.

-Craig.

Quote:
>hi,

>I Just installed a program with VB6 runtimes.  First one to install in
>this machine.

>When I load my project I get these errors:

>First a MsgBox -> "OLE Automation Error  "
>Then varios form load errors:

>Below is one of the log files (all the same errors).  Looks like Msoft
>changed the calls again!!!!

>Line 768: Class MSComDlg.CommonDialog of control CommonDialog1 was not
>a loaded control class.
>Line 771: The property name _ExtentX in CommonDialog1 is invalid.
>Line 772: The property name _ExtentY in CommonDialog1 is invalid.
>Line 773: The property name _Version in CommonDialog1 is invalid.

>If anyone can help with some sort of fix please help.

>Thanks,
>Garrett

>Please delete the caps to email me.

>thanks in advance,
>Garrett

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error registering OLE DLL written with VB4-32

2. PLEASE HELP! OLE AUTOMATION ERROR

3. OLE Automation Server cant create object error please help

4. Help compiler for VB4-32

5. Program error in VB4-32 with Str$ function

6. Help:How do you de-reference handles in 32-bit VB4--Please Help

7. Help needed on OLEISAPI.DLL with IIS v2.0 and vb4 OLE server 32 bits

8. OLE automation error on VB4 startup

9. OLE Automation Error loading VB4

10. OLE automation (VB4 and Word6) and general exception error

11. Server Busy Error when running OLE Automation in VB4.0

12. Killing a VB6-HTML program please?