Using gif files in a resource file
Author Message
 Using gif files in a resource file

I have a resource file with bitmap images in it but I would rather use
gif files so that I don't have to learn about creating transparencies
with bitmaps.  When I try to add a graphic it will only allow a BMP
file.  I need the graphics as part of the application so if there is a
way to use gif's great OR if there is another way to add graphics like
the resource file that would be great to.

your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using gif files in a resource file
I haven't actually tried it, but you should be able to store a GIF file as
an OTHER resource, and use the LoadResData function instead of
LoadResPicture.
Quote:

>I have a resource file with bitmap images in it but I would rather use
>gif files so that I don't have to learn about creating transparencies
>with bitmaps.  When I try to add a graphic it will only allow a BMP
>file.  I need the graphics as part of the application so if there is a
>way to use gif's great OR if there is another way to add graphics like
>the resource file that would be great to.

Mon, 30 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Save to GIF file from resource GIF file

2. Displaying GIF files from a resource file???

3. GIF image in resource files ? VB6

4. VB6 - Retrieving JPG, GIF and custom files from Resource DLL

5. GIF and JPGs from Resource Files and Databases

6. GIF and JPGs from Resource Files and Databases

7. GETTING (GIF or JPEG) from RESOURCE FILE

8. ERROR: Getting GIF or JPEG from Resource File

9. GIF and JPGs from Resource Files and Databases

10. GETTING (GIF or JPEG) from RESOURCE FILE

11. ERROR: Getting GIF or JPEG from Resource File

12. GIF and JPGs from Resource Files and Databases