enumerating contents of a user-defined type?
Author Message
 enumerating contents of a user-defined type?

Is there a way to access all values of a user defined type without
individually calling each identifer? For example:

Type MyVar
    aaa as Integer
    bbb as String
    ccc as Long
End Type

debug.print <MyVar>

instead of

debug.print MyVar.aaa
debug.print MyVar.bbb
debug.print MyVar.ccc

Thanks,

Calan

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:50:06 GMT
 enumerating contents of a user-defined type?

Quote:
>Is there a way to access all values of a user defined type without
>individually calling each identifer? For example:

>Type MyVar
>    aaa as Integer
>    bbb as String
>    ccc as Long
>End Type

>debug.print <MyVar>

>instead of

>debug.print MyVar.aaa
>debug.print MyVar.bbb
>debug.print MyVar.ccc

No.
Let's see if i got this answer right without a typo. :-)

--
Regards, Frank

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:54:46 GMT
 enumerating contents of a user-defined type?
What do you *really* want to do ?

I doubt if you just want to Debug.Print then fields

Quote:
>Is there a way to access all values of a user defined type without
>individually calling each identifer? For example:

>Type MyVar
>    aaa as Integer
>    bbb as String
>    ccc as Long
>End Type

>debug.print <MyVar>

>instead of

>debug.print MyVar.aaa
>debug.print MyVar.bbb
>debug.print MyVar.ccc

>Thanks,

>Calan

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:59:13 GMT
 enumerating contents of a user-defined type?

Quote:

> >Is there a way to access all values of a user defined type without
> >individually calling each identifer? For example:

> >Type MyVar
> >    aaa as Integer
> >    bbb as String
> >    ccc as Long
> >End Type

> >debug.print <MyVar>

> >instead of

> >debug.print MyVar.aaa
> >debug.print MyVar.bbb
> >debug.print MyVar.ccc

> No.
> Let's see if i got this answer right without a typo. :-)

               ^
<pedant>Almost.</pedant>

Hey, you brought it up,
Jason Bouzane

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:06:46 GMT
 enumerating contents of a user-defined type?
On Sun, 10 Nov 2002 08:06:46 GMT, "Jason Bouzane"

Quote:

>> >Is there a way to access all values of a user defined type without
>> >individually calling each identifer? For example:

>> >Type MyVar
>> >    aaa as Integer
>> >    bbb as String
>> >    ccc as Long
>> >End Type

>> >debug.print <MyVar>

>> >instead of

>> >debug.print MyVar.aaa
>> >debug.print MyVar.bbb
>> >debug.print MyVar.ccc

>> No.
>> Let's see if i got this answer right without a typo. :-)
>               ^
><pedant>Almost.</pedant>

I beg to differ (i know, i can beg all i like <g> ),  i don't see any
typos in that one ?
I'll give you a grammatic flaw, but that's it. ;-)

--
Regards, Frank

Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:55:16 GMT

1. Assigning contents of string to user-defined type

2. User Control - User-defined type not defined

3. User Defined Type Not Defined

4. Compile Error: User-defined type not defined

5. User-defined type not defined (Access 97)

6. Excel : User-defined type not define

7. Compile Error - User defined type not defined

8. User-defined type not defined (Access 2000)

9. Dim oappWD as Word.Application: User defined type not defined

10. User- Defined type not defined

11. User Define Type Not Defined

12. FileSystemObject "User Defined Type Not Defined"