! win 95 crash ! 
Author Message
 ! win 95 crash !

I recently installed vb5 pro and ever since then I have been getting the
following error when I try to access internet explorer, my hard drive
(through links or windows explorer)  and folders on my briefcase as well as
a few other programs:

The program 'Program Manager' caused the error: Access violation.

EXPLORER.EXE caused fault #c0000005 in SHDOCVW.DLL at
address 014f:70773ec5

To date, 83 fatal errors have been recorded in this program.
This particular error was recorded 81 times.
Date: 8/08/98 14:45:06
Full path of executable: C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE

Registers:
EAX=00000000 CS=014f EIP=70773ec5 EFLGS=00010213
EBX=00448efc SS=0157 ESP=0088c304 EBP=0088d934
ECX=004493fc DS=0157 ESI=00449400 FS=1117
EDX=0088d360 ES=0157 EDI=004493fc GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 08 50 ff 51 0c 8b 45 fc 8b 34 85 d0 a8 82 70
Stack dump:
00000000 0088d360 70943598 70767050 00448f08 8336bff6
17c70f0e 836a0000 000044cf 08140046 00008378 00888394
835216df 17c70381 00000001 44cf836a

I have no idea how to fix this problem, could anybody please help me?

I am using win 95, I think an upgrade to win 98 will fix this problem. Will
it?, is it worth it?



Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 ! win 95 crash !
You could Download IE 4.01 off the Web for FREE.
--
Edgemeal Software - Freeware for Win95/98 NT
http://www.ameritech.net/users/edgemeal/home.html
Quote:

>I recently installed vb5 pro and ever since then I have been getting the
>following error when I try to access internet explorer, my hard drive
>(through links or windows explorer)  and folders on my briefcase as well as
>a few other programs:

>The program 'Program Manager' caused the error: Access violation.

>EXPLORER.EXE caused fault #c0000005 in SHDOCVW.DLL at
>address 014f:70773ec5

>To date, 83 fatal errors have been recorded in this program.
>This particular error was recorded 81 times.
>Date: 8/08/98 14:45:06
>Full path of executable: C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE

>Registers:
>EAX=00000000 CS=014f EIP=70773ec5 EFLGS=00010213
>EBX=00448efc SS=0157 ESP=0088c304 EBP=0088d934
>ECX=004493fc DS=0157 ESI=00449400 FS=1117
>EDX=0088d360 ES=0157 EDI=004493fc GS=0000
>Bytes at CS:EIP:
>8b 08 50 ff 51 0c 8b 45 fc 8b 34 85 d0 a8 82 70
>Stack dump:
>00000000 0088d360 70943598 70767050 00448f08 8336bff6
>17c70f0e 836a0000 000044cf 08140046 00008378 00888394
>835216df 17c70381 00000001 44cf836a

>I have no idea how to fix this problem, could anybody please help me?

>I am using win 95, I think an upgrade to win 98 will fix this problem. Will
>it?, is it worth it?



Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 ! win 95 crash !
I have IE4, what on earth does this have to do with the error im getting?

Quote:

>You could Download IE 4.01 off the Web for FREE.
>--
>Edgemeal Software - Freeware for Win95/98 NT
>http://www.ameritech.net/users/edgemeal/home.html


>>I recently installed vb5 pro and ever since then I have been getting the
>>following error when I try to access internet explorer, my hard drive
>>(through links or windows explorer)  and folders on my briefcase as well
as
>>a few other programs:

>>The program 'Program Manager' caused the error: Access violation.

>>EXPLORER.EXE caused fault #c0000005 in SHDOCVW.DLL at
>>address 014f:70773ec5

>>To date, 83 fatal errors have been recorded in this program.
>>This particular error was recorded 81 times.
>>Date: 8/08/98 14:45:06
>>Full path of executable: C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE

>>Registers:
>>EAX=00000000 CS=014f EIP=70773ec5 EFLGS=00010213
>>EBX=00448efc SS=0157 ESP=0088c304 EBP=0088d934
>>ECX=004493fc DS=0157 ESI=00449400 FS=1117
>>EDX=0088d360 ES=0157 EDI=004493fc GS=0000
>>Bytes at CS:EIP:
>>8b 08 50 ff 51 0c 8b 45 fc 8b 34 85 d0 a8 82 70
>>Stack dump:
>>00000000 0088d360 70943598 70767050 00448f08 8336bff6
>>17c70f0e 836a0000 000044cf 08140046 00008378 00888394
>>835216df 17c70381 00000001 44cf836a

>>I have no idea how to fix this problem, could anybody please help me?

>>I am using win 95, I think an upgrade to win 98 will fix this problem.
Will
>>it?, is it worth it?



Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 ! win 95 crash !

Quote:
>EXPLORER.EXE caused fault #c0000005 in SHDOCVW.DLL at
>address 014f:70773ec5

4.70.1300 is the version I have of this DLL.  What version do you show?   Also,
I had some major headaches with Norton CrashGuard.  I removed it and they went
away.

"You do not realize the many physical problems that are solved for you, and by
you, in your dreams" -- Jane Roberts writing as Seth in "The Nature of Personal
Reality-A Seth Book"


Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 ! win 95 crash !
I had version 4.72.3110.3 and also had norton crashguard. I said had because
I couldnt stand it anymore and got win98, it now works fine. At least for
now.

Quote:

>>EXPLORER.EXE caused fault #c0000005 in SHDOCVW.DLL at
>>address 014f:70773ec5

>4.70.1300 is the version I have of this DLL.  What version do you show?
Also,
>I had some major headaches with Norton CrashGuard.  I removed it and they
went
>away.

>"You do not realize the many physical problems that are solved for you, and
by
>you, in your dreams" -- Jane Roberts writing as Seth in "The Nature of
Personal
>Reality-A Seth Book"



Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. 32-bit VB4 Pro in Win 95 crashes

2. OpenDatabase crashed in Win 95

3. Win 95 Media Player crashes

4. Win 2000 exe runs fine on 98 but crashes on 95 and NT

5. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

6. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

7. HELP - Error 50003 - VB5, Win 95, Win 98, Win NT

8. compiled on 95-b, crash in 95-a

9. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

10. Pb Win NT - Win 95

11. ado on win 95, win 98

12. VB3 program OK in WIn 3.1 but not in WIN 95

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software