Why won't Data Widgits 2.0 work with VB6.0
Author Message
 Why won't Data Widgits 2.0 work with VB6.0

I have a VB 4.0 (Win 95) application with Data Widgits 2.0 controls (by
Sheridan). I'm told that they won't work if we port the application to VB
6.0 . We are told to get Widgits 3.0

Is this true? If so, can someone briefly tell me why the 2.0 control won't
work?

Thanks,

Paul

Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Why won't Data Widgits 2.0 work with VB6.0

Quote:

>I have a VB 4.0 (Win 95) application with Data Widgits 2.0 controls (by
>Sheridan). I'm told that they won't work if we port the application to VB
>6.0 . We are told to get Widgits 3.0

>Is this true? If so, can someone briefly tell me why the 2.0 control won't
>work?

"Out of memory error" thats why.
It looks as if it will work then Blam.
Get out your cheque book or credit card and get the upgrade $ 139.00
Called "Pay for it again, Sucker" - don't you know Sheridan by now.

ALTERNATIVELY
Have a look at the DBGrid and FlexiGrid that comes with VB6. Unless
you are doing something very fancy with DW you can use them.

In a word VB6 is now ADO not DAO.
Very confusing to us with Dyslexia KO.

Jeff

Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Why won't Data Widgits 2.0 work with VB6.0
All I really wanted from the DW 3.0 was the Enhansed Data Control and all I
really needed was their "find" box.... which is similar to the one in
Access97:

docmd.runcommad accmdfind (or something like that.)

Does anyone know of a low cost "Find" Active-X control out there?

Quote:

>>I have a VB 4.0 (Win 95) application with Data Widgits 2.0 controls (by
>>Sheridan). I'm told that they won't work if we port the application to VB
>>6.0 . We are told to get Widgits 3.0

>>Is this true? If so, can someone briefly tell me why the 2.0 control won't
>>work?

>"Out of memory error" thats why.
>It looks as if it will work then Blam.
>Get out your cheque book or credit card and get the upgrade $ 139.00
>Called "Pay for it again, Sucker" - don't you know Sheridan by now.

>ALTERNATIVELY
>Have a look at the DBGrid and FlexiGrid that comes with VB6. Unless
>you are doing something very fancy with DW you can use them.

>In a word VB6 is now ADO not DAO.
>Very confusing to us with Dyslexia KO.

>Jeff

Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Why won't Data Widgits 2.0 work with VB6.0

Quote:

>All I really wanted from the DW 3.0 was the Enhansed Data Control and all I
>really needed was their "find" box.... which is similar to the one in
>Access97:

>docmd.runcommad accmdfind (or something like that.)

>Does anyone know of a low cost "Find" Active-X control out there?

Find is easy-peasy to code:

Data1.Recordset.FindFirst Name_of_Field & ">=" & chr(34) &
Text_to_Find & chr(34)

It either gets it or postions on the next record.

"Adams-Blake Co." ??? Haven't I heard that name before :-)

What gives me the impression that you don't know what you're doing.
"If it aint broke dont fix it". Stay with Access.

Jeff

Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Two Q's [Closing a file][why won't work]

2. Why won't this work?

3. Why won't this work?

4. Q: Why won't this work

5. Why won't INSTR() work!!???