Converting DOS basic CRC function to VB 3.0
Author Message
 Converting DOS basic CRC function to VB 3.0

I am trying to convert a DOS basic CRC-16 function to Visual Basic 3.0.
I do not know what VB command works the same as the MKI$() command.
MKI$() takes a number and returns a 2 byte string.  CVI() takes the 2
byte string and returns the numeric value.  Any ideas what in VB will do
the same?

Thanks,

Steve Baus

Sun, 26 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting DOS basic CRC function to VB 3.0
Gee.. that's a tough one.  I haven't used MKI$ in a long time.  I
don't know if the functionality still exists.  try this instead

Type MyCVI
    CVI as Integer
    MyData as String * 200    'whatever the length is of the rest
End Type
Type MyMKI
    MKI as String * 2
    MyData as String * 200    'whatever the length is of the rest
End Type

Dim ThisRec as MyCVI
Get #1, RecNum, ThisRec
MyInteger = ThisRec.MyCVI

MKI$/CVI was generally used in conjunction with the Field statement in
random access files.  I suppose that has been superseded by the "Type"
declarations.

  -- Robert

Quote:
>I am trying to convert a DOS basic CRC-16 function to Visual Basic 3.0.
>I do not know what VB command works the same as the MKI$() command.
>MKI$() takes a number and returns a 2 byte string.  CVI() takes the 2
>byte string and returns the numeric value.  Any ideas what in VB will do
>the same?
>Thanks,
>Steve Baus

Mon, 27 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting DOS basic CRC

2. CRC's / Turbo Pascals shl and shr functions in VB

3. Visual basic 3.0 question about shelling to dos Application

4. Visual basic 3.0 question about shelling to dos Application

5. Visual Basic 3.0 Pro & Dos Sessions

6. VB/DOS and VB 3.0/Win

7. Api function to convert Long File Names To Short Dos File Names

8. Converting VB 3.0 app to VB 4.0

9. Converting from VB 3.0 -> VB 5.0

10. VB 3.0 to VB 6.0: cost of converting?

11. Convert VB 3.0 prog to VB 6

12. Converting a VB 3.0 application to VB 6.0