Right aligned text boxes don't right align
Author Message
 Right aligned text boxes don't right align

Hi there

Basically I've created an application using VB6 with several text boxes
which I've set as right aligned as they contain numbers and monetary values.
I've put together my installation package, including all necessary fonts,
and installed the program on several machines

All machines run the program and display the figures in the text boxes right
aligned as they should except for one which displays the text left aligned
and stubbornly refuses to display the data correctly.  I've double checked
the installation and made sure that the regional settings in Control Panel
are correct but without success.

Can anyone give me any ideas about what could be causing my problem and how
I can solve it.  I'm assuming it is a problem with the PC rather than with
VB or my program but I can't be certain

Any thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

David. G

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:26:57 GMT
 Right aligned text boxes don't right align
The alignment functionallity is not supported in Windows 95.

Microsoft has an article on this 'PRB: Effects of Operating
System Version On TextBox Alignment'

"David Gartrell - Right Sort Mailing Co"

17 Jan 2001 12:26:57 -0000 bearing the following fruit:

Quote:
>Hi there

>Basically I've created an application using VB6 with several text boxes
>which I've set as right aligned as they contain numbers and monetary values.
>I've put together my installation package, including all necessary fonts,
>and installed the program on several machines

>All machines run the program and display the figures in the text boxes right
>aligned as they should except for one which displays the text left aligned
>and stubbornly refuses to display the data correctly.  I've double checked
>the installation and made sure that the regional settings in Control Panel
>are correct but without success.

>Can anyone give me any ideas about what could be causing my problem and how
>I can solve it.  I'm assuming it is a problem with the PC rather than with
>VB or my program but I can't be certain

>Any thanks in advance for your help.

>Regards

>David. G

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:56:05 GMT
 Right aligned text boxes don't right align
Try setting the Multiline property to True

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:26:57 -0000, "David Gartrell - Right Sort

Quote:

>Hi there

>Basically I've created an application using VB6 with several text boxes
>which I've set as right aligned as they contain numbers and monetary values.
>I've put together my installation package, including all necessary fonts,
>and installed the program on several machines

>All machines run the program and display the figures in the text boxes right
>aligned as they should except for one which displays the text left aligned
>and stubbornly refuses to display the data correctly.  I've double checked
>the installation and made sure that the regional settings in Control Panel
>are correct but without success.

>Can anyone give me any ideas about what could be causing my problem and how
>I can solve it.  I'm assuming it is a problem with the PC rather than with
>VB or my program but I can't be certain

>Any thanks in advance for your help.

>Regards

>David. G

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:33:21 GMT

1. Newbie - Can't Right Align Text Box Contents

2. How to set text to align right in text box

3. left align and/or right align the masked edit control under VB 5.0 SP(3)

4. Text box not right aligned?

5. Right-Align a rich text box??

6. PRB: Win 95 and right-aligning text boxes w/ vb3

7. Right aligning contents of a text box!!!!!

8. Text Boxes, Right Align, Bookeepers data entry

9. Text Box Align Right w/o Multiline

10. How can i Right align text in a masked edit box

11. How To Right Align Text Box ?

12. Right Align Text Boxes