Printing aligned columns with True Type fonts, how?
Author Message
 Printing aligned columns with True Type fonts, how?

Printing aligned columns with True Type fonts, how?
   Ok, I am able to print to a printer that will print straight
"courier" font and everything is fine. (the printer is an HP IIP).  As
soon as I print the same data to other printers (HP 6P & deskjet)  the
columns are all whacked out and nothing is lined up any more.  By
testing I can see that the HP IIP is the only of the three printers that
reports that the printers.font(I)="courier" is true, so the other
printers can not print this font directly, but have to substitute it
with a True Type font.

    How can I write my print code to always print aligned columns no
matter what kind of printer is being used?  I do not think this is to
much to ask for!  I am using VB5 Pro.  Please help!

Wayne

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing aligned columns with True Type fonts, how?

   Ok, I am able to print to a printer that will print straight
"courier" font and everything is fine. (the printer is an HP IIP).  As
soon as I print the same data to other printers (HP 6P & deskjet)  the
columns are all whacked out and nothing is lined up any more.  By
testing I can see that the HP IIP is the only of the three printers that
reports that the printers.font(I)="courier" is true, so the other
printers can not print this font directly, but have to substitute it
with a True Type font.

    How can I write my print code to always print aligned columns no
matter what kind of printer is being used?  I do not think this is to
much to ask for!  I am using VB5 Pro.  Please help!

Wayne

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing aligned columns with True Type fonts, how?

Quote:

> Printing aligned columns with True Type fonts, how?
>    Ok, I am able to print to a printer that will print straight
> "courier" font and everything is fine. (the printer is an HP IIP).  As
> soon as I print the same data to other printers (HP 6P & deskjet)  the
> columns are all whacked out and nothing is lined up any more.  By
> testing I can see that the HP IIP is the only of the three printers that
> reports that the printers.font(I)="courier" is true, so the other
> printers can not print this font directly, but have to substitute it
> with a True Type font.

>     How can I write my print code to always print aligned columns no
> matter what kind of printer is being used?  I do not think this is to
> much to ask for!  I am using VB5 Pro.  Please help!

> Wayne

Heck, Wayne, look up the TAB() command.
--
Questions?  Comments?
--Patrick Bass

Not a Spammer? Change "not" to "net" and reply.

Thu, 13 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing aligned columns with True Type fonts, how?

Quote:

>    How can I write my print code to always print aligned columns no
>matter what kind of printer is being used?  I do not think this is to
>much to ask for!  I am using VB5 Pro.  Please help!

>Wayne

Define the start of each column in terms of CurrentX. Then set
CurrentX each time you print a column. This is for left justified
text. Right justified numbers will be a nightmare ! You will have to
do some sums using TextWidth(). I tried it then gave up and bought
VSView from ViedoSoft.

Jeff

Fri, 14 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: VB4: Print Method: How use true type fonts when printing to Laser Printers

2. Can't print symbol true type fonts.

3. How to view/print fonts true type?

4. Problem with printing true-type fonts with VB4.0

5. GDI - Text Bounding Box - True Type Fonts

6. Accessing special characters in True Type fonts

7. Installing True Type Fonts

8. How to install True Type Fonts In Win 3.1 with VB3

9. HOW CAN I VIEW A FONT FILE (TRUE TYPE)

10. DOS FONTS TO TRUE TYPE

11. VIEW A TTF FILE (True Type Font) with VB 3/4/5

12. Distributing True Type Fonts?