Status bar timer doesn't update
Author Message
 Status bar timer doesn't update

I have a status bar on my form, and one of the panels is set to
sbrTime.

It shows the correct time when the form is first shown (or loaded,
don't know which, as I always unload and reload my forms when showing
them), but the clock never increments.

This is a Bad Thing.  And idea what's wrong?  The two books I've
consulted (including Books Online) indicate that I don't have to do a
thing-- the status bar handles this automatically.

-Matt

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Status bar timer doesn't update

Hi Matt,

This is fixed in Service Pack II.

David L. Beckwith
--
*** Please remove nospam for a reply ***

t>...

Quote:
> I have a status bar on my form, and one of the panels is set to
> sbrTime, but the clock never increments.
> -Matt

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Status bar timer doesn't update

Quote:

>     It should update automatically when the Form repaints.  Maybe the
> form is not ... If your wheels are spinning inside some complex loop
> during this time, try adding a doevents.  Try the form's autoredraw.  If
> the project is not "busy" and the timer is still not updating... maybe
> somebody else knows ?

Make sure you are using the VB5.0 Service Pack 2....if you are having
the problem I think you are having, this is a bug in VB that was fixed
by the service pack...

Hope this helps!

Randall Medcalf
Visual Interface

Let us develop your next business solution!

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Status bar timer doesn't update

I had the same problem, got it answered on this News Group.  Its a
glitch in VB5, I upgraded to SP2 and it's now fixed. sbrTime updates
properly in VB 5.0 (SP2).

I recommend installing the patch. You could use a timer control to
update the sbrTime if you don't wish to upgrade.

Keith

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Status bar timer doesn't update

    It should update automatically when the Form repaints.  Maybe the
form is not ... If your wheels are spinning inside some complex loop
during this time, try adding a doevents.  Try the form's autoredraw.  If
the project is not "busy" and the timer is still not updating... maybe
somebody else knows ?

Quote:

> I have a status bar on my form, and one of the panels is set to
> sbrTime.

> It shows the correct time when the form is first shown (or loaded,
> don't know which, as I always unload and reload my forms when showing
> them), but the clock never increments.

> This is a Bad Thing.  And idea what's wrong?  The two books I've
> consulted (including Books Online) indicate that I don't have to do a
> thing-- the status bar handles this automatically.

> -Matt

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Status bar timer doesn't update

Quote:

>> I have a status bar on my form, and one of the panels is set to
>> sbrTime.

>> It shows the correct time when the form is first shown (or loaded,
>> don't know which, as I always unload and reload my forms when showing
>> them), but the clock never increments.

>> This is a Bad Thing.  And idea what's wrong?  The two books I've
>> consulted (including Books Online) indicate that I don't have to do a
>> thing-- the status bar handles this automatically.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you need a timer control on the form.

Russ.

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Status Bar - Timer doesn't work

2. Timer Event won't fire when app doesn't have focus

3. Timer Event won't fire when app doesn't have focus

4. Updating fields: footer doesn't update right

5. VB6,Access97,ADO - Update query doesn't update all records

6. List Box Doesn't Get Updated After Create/Update/Delete Event

7. Recordset.Update doesn't update on runtime only when debugging the code

8. Acc97: Using SysCmd to update status bar during query

9. Update Status Bar while Userform loaded

10. Status Bar Update

11. updating MDI status bar from child

12. updating time in status bar