Base64 Encode function needed
Author Message
 Base64 Encode function needed

I am writing a WEB ap in VB and need to encode a string into base64.
Does anyone have a routine that does this???  Or can you suggest an OCX
that has this function?

Any help greatly appreciated,

David Troutt

Fri, 02 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Base64 Encode function needed

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997 23:07:46 -0800, David Troutt

Quote:

>I am writing a WEB ap in VB and need to encode a string into base64.
>Does anyone have a routine that does this???  Or can you suggest an OCX
>that has this function?

>Any help greatly appreciated,

>David Troutt

David,

There was an article in PC Mag (one of the columns) that covered
Base64 encoding. I've written the routines to do the decoding and am
planning on doing the encode as well.

The VB code will be posted on our Web site when it is done at:

http://www.dolphinsys.com

Steve

Stephen Cramp              Dolphin Systems Inc.

http://www.dolphinsys.com  Fax: (519) 942-8111
See our Web site for TCP/IP controls, demos and samples

Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Base64 Encode function needed

David,

Quote:
>I am writing a WEB ap in VB and need to encode a string into base64.
>Does anyone have a routine that does this???  Or can you suggest an OCX
>that has this function?

Mabry's Mail control has builtin base64, uu, binhex4.0, and
quoted-printable encode/decode.  It has properties that allow it to be
used as a standalone encoder/decoder without requiring access to any
of the mail-related functions and so can be used for your task.

You can download a free trial-version from www.mabry.com.

Zane

Quote:

>Any help greatly appreciated,

>David Troutt

Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Base64 Encode function needed

Quote:

> I am writing a WEB ap in VB and need to encode a string into base64.
> Does anyone have a routine that does this???  Or can you suggest an OCX
> that has this function?

> Any help greatly appreciated,

> David Troutt

Dude, that's simple stuff. <g>

Answer:

#If Win32 Then
Declare Function DecodeFile Lib "UUCODE32.DLL" (ByVal InputFile As
String) As Long
Declare Function EncodeFile Lib "UUCODE32.DLL" (ByVal InputFile As
String, ByVal OutputFile As String) As Long
Declare Function DecodeBase64File Lib "UUCODE32.DLL" (ByVal InputFile As
String, ByVal OutputFile As String) As Long
Declare Function EncodeBase64File Lib "UUCODE32.DLL" (ByVal InputFile As
String, ByVal OutputFile As String) As Long
#Else
Declare Function DecodeFile Lib "UUCODE16.DLL" (ByVal InputFile As
String) As Integer
Declare Function EncodeFile Lib "UUCODE16.DLL" (ByVal InputFile As
String, ByVal OutputFile As String) As Integer
Declare Function DecodeBase64File Lib "UUCODE16.DLL" (ByVal InputFile As
String, ByVal OutputFile As String) As Integer
Declare Function EncodeBase64File Lib "UUCODE16.DLL" (ByVal InputFile As
String, ByVal OutputFile As String) As Integer
#End If

Thu, 08 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Encode Base64 - Function

2. Base64 encoding source needed

3. NEED HELP - BASE64 ENCODING

4. How to check if a string is Base64 Encoded

5. Base64 Encoding

6. multipart/form data to base64 encoding ??

7. Base64 Encode

8. Base64 encoding

9. Base64 encoding

10. Base64 encoding/decoding

11. base64 decoding (encoding probably as well)

12. Base64 Encode for VB?