Adding a new record to a random file
Author Message
 Adding a new record to a random file

I am new to VB and am writing a program that reads and writes to a random
file. I seem to have no problem GETting and PUTting data in existing
records, but when I try to use PUT to append a new record to the file, it
tacks it on the end of the last existing line.
What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:34:54 GMT

1. adding new records & new record

2. Adding records in random mode to .dat files.

3. How to add new records in a new database

4. deleting records in a table and then adding new records

5. ADO2.5, can't add new record to an empty table using record binding

6. Random access files - having and finding multiple types of record in one file

7. number of records in a random access file?

8. Locking records in a random file

9. How to remove a record from a random file

10. # Records in a RANDOM ACCESS file?

11. Different size records in a random file?

12. Locking records in a random file