Need help now: Upgrade vs Full Ver
Author Message
 Need help now: Upgrade vs Full Ver

I want to buy Visual Basic 6 Professional Ed. for my company. I
contacted several online shopping centers (thanks to everyone that
answered my previous post). Now two sites gave me conflicting answers.
One says if I have Microsoft Office 97 Pro, I *can* just buy Visual
Basic Upgrade to get the full version. Another says I cannot. Please
advise. Thanks a lot.

Yong Huang

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help now: Upgrade vs Full Ver
Go to MS VB web site it has all the "rules"
Quote:

>I want to buy Visual Basic 6 Professional Ed. for my company. I
>contacted several online shopping centers (thanks to everyone that
>answered my previous post). Now two sites gave me conflicting answers.
>One says if I have Microsoft Office 97 Pro, I *can* just buy Visual
>Basic Upgrade to get the full version. Another says I cannot. Please
>advise. Thanks a lot.

>Yong Huang

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help now: Upgrade vs Full Ver

Quote:

> One says if I have Microsoft Office 97 Pro, I *can* just buy Visual
> Basic Upgrade to get the full version. Another says I cannot. Please
> advise. Thanks a lot.

That does not sound right to me.  In order to get the VB upgrade, you
would need the earlier VB product.  At any rate, if you were to buy the VB
upgrade and try to install it, it would search for previous copies of VB
and abort the installation if they are not found.  At least that's what my
copy of VB 4 did when I bought the upgrade package.

--
Gary Neal Jr.
     http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Harbor/3701/

Wed, 06 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help to upgrade vb4 stud.ver 2 Prof.ver

2. Upgrade VS Full Version

3. REQ:Need the Full Apogee Ver of Jumpman

4. Interference problems Ver 7 vs Ver 6

5. Need comdlg32.dep ver 6.00.8169 and comctl32.dep ver 6.00.8022

6. code will execute in full ver A2000 not in Runtime

7. Using Runtime Access 2000 And Full Ver Access 97 Same CPU Same Time

8. anyone got phantomdirectx dll full ver ?

9. Pls Help, how to use Ms Access Ver 2 in Visual Basic Ver 3

10. Upgrading to VS.Net 2003 from VS.Net 2002

11. Missing help in VS 6.0 EE Upgrade

12. Missing help in VS 6.0 EE Upgrade