Anyone know a fix for "Invalid procedure call..." crashes program when MsgBox displayed?
Author Message
 Anyone know a fix for "Invalid procedure call..." crashes program when MsgBox displayed?

HELP!!  I've got VB5 w/SP3 installed.

I've got a problem with VB5 msgbox displaying err #5 ("Invalid procedure
call or argument.") when a particular textbox is visible on a form.  If the
text box is visible, and a msgbox is displayed, the "Invalid Procedure call
or argument." window comes up.  If it's hidden, no problem.  I put a button
on the form to hide/show the text box at run time and it acts just as I've
described.  I played around with it and it must be coming from VB5, since
it will crash the program even if I try setting err = 0, and have On error
resume next for that sub.

And crazier still, it only does it when it's compiled!!   It doesn't make a
difference if its P-code or optimized code either.

Does anyone have any tricks or workarounds that I might try?   I'm all out
of ideas!  Thanks in advance.

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know a fix for "Invalid procedure call..." crashes program when MsgBox displayed?

Now that's just plain whacky behavior...

Back up the project, and delete the FRX for the FRM.
birng the frm back up to have the frx rebuilt and try it again.

Can you reproduce it in another project? can you isolate (and post) the
methodology used to recreate the problem?

--
For More Great Hints, Check Out WWW.XTremecomp.com

Quote:

>HELP!!  I've got VB5 w/SP3 installed.

>I've got a problem with VB5 msgbox displaying err #5 ("Invalid procedure
>call or argument.") when a particular textbox is visible on a form.  If the
>text box is visible, and a msgbox is displayed, the "Invalid Procedure call
>or argument." window comes up.  If it's hidden, no problem.  I put a button
>on the form to hide/show the text box at run time and it acts just as I've
>described.  I played around with it and it must be coming from VB5, since
>it will crash the program even if I try setting err = 0, and have On error
>resume next for that sub.

>And crazier still, it only does it when it's compiled!!   It doesn't make a
>difference if its P-code or optimized code either.

>Does anyone have any tricks or workarounds that I might try?   I'm all out
>of ideas!  Thanks in advance.

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-time error "5": Invalid procedure call

2. "Invalid Procedure Call"

3. compile error "invalid procedure call or argument

4. compile error "invalid procedure call or argument

5. Anyone knows about "RDS.DataSpace"?

6. Anyone know how to create "coolmenus"?

7. "Invalid procedure call..." on "txtDim(0).SetFocus"

8. VB6 program causing "INVALID MEMORY ACCESS"

9. Program crashes during "Load myform"

10. Program crashes during "Load myform"

11. Call procedure on "On Click" event

12. Passing "State" Into Called Procedures