MS Outline replacement
Author Message
 MS Outline replacement

I have seen postings from developers that have experienced problems with
the outline control that ships with VB Pro3.  Does anyone know of a solid
outline control.  I am working on a project that will use the outline
heavily, inclusing drag and drop within the outline and to other
controls.  I do not have a need for the outline to be bound, since the
data is coming from a host (client/server).  Any comments would be very
much appreciated.   Thanks, Phil Wells - HBO & Company

Fri, 19 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 MS Outline replacement

Subject: MS Outline replacement

P>I have seen postings from developers that have experienced problems with
 >the outline control that ships with VB Pro3.  Does anyone know of a solid
 >outline control.  I am working on a project that will use the outline
 >heavily, inclusing drag and drop within the outline and to other
 >controls.  I do not have a need for the outline to be bound, since the
 >data is coming from a host (client/server).  Any comments would be very
 >much appreciated.   Thanks, Phil Wells - HBO & Company

I recently wrote a database app that uses drag/drop to/from the
outline control. It even changes the icons and handles automatically
highlighting of the proper parent item, depending on nesting level
within the outline structure. There are a couple constants you
need for the outline.picture located in constant.txt
I found the outline control to be completly usable, and in behavior
quite similar to a listbox, in fact all listbox related API functions
work well for the outline control.

Rami Rasanen       Eagle Eye BBS  ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
Fidonet 1:369/73  (305) 584-6258   `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)

Home of DELPHI Echo              _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'
Ft Lauderdale, FL               (il),-''  (li),'  ((!.-'
--
|Fidonet:  Rami Rasanen 1:369/73

Sat, 20 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS Masked Edit MS Outline Controls

2. Replacement for the MS DHTML control.

3. Replacement for the MS OLE Container Control

4. Looking for a replacement for the MS Grid

5. Data in MS Outline

6. MS-Outline: Advise needed

7. MS outline control(msoutl32.ocx)

8. MS Outline control