VB 5.0, OLE, Access 97, Graph 97
Author Message
 VB 5.0, OLE, Access 97, Graph 97

Hi All,

I have a Graph 97 object in an OLE/Object field in an Access 97
database, which is viewed through an OLE control on a VB 5 form. On the
graph I have drawn a few lines and text boxes (DrawingObjects,
Freeforms, Autoshapes,....etc) which the user would like to be able to
change the properties of. Such as the colour of the lines or the text
in the text boxes. When I try to access the objects properties I get a
run-time error, "Run-time error '438': Object does not support this
property or method". Here is an example of the code I am using to try
and acheive this;

====================================
Me!OLE1.object.Application.Chart![Text Box 28]=Text1 (<----from VB form)
Or
Me!OLE1.object.Application.AutoShape![Line1]=vbBlue
====================================

I have tried many variations of the above code line as well.

My question being, is there any way I can manipulate properties of a
Drawing Object, Free Form, AutoShape,.... placed on a graph 97 object.
Using an OLE control on a VB form via code.

A million thanks in advance and later for any help.

Regards,
Chuppa
--
Surf Usenet at home, on the road, and by email -- always at Talkway.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 05 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS Graph 5 OLE Automation in Word from Access 97

2. Sending text to Word 97 from Access 97 using OLE automation

3. Help: convert access 2.0 to access 97 using VB 5.0

4. VB code to rotate radar graph in Access 97

5. Access 97 or VB 5.0 ???

6. Access 97 to VB 5.0?

7. Access 97 vs VB 5.0

8. Run-time error '3075': Access 97 and VB 5.0

9. Storing various files types in VB 5.0/Access 97 databases

10. ADDNEW/UPDATE/DELETE VB 5.0 in a MULTI-USER ENVIRONMENT with ACCESS 97 DATABASE FILES

11. Access 97 / VB 5.0 ?

12. Differences between VB 5.0 and Access 97