Lost .frm file, vb5, what happened?
Author Message
 Lost .frm file, vb5, what happened?

Seems a peculiar problem.....

Have you tried searching your h/d for files containing VERSION 5.00?
It may be a long shot but it'll take 5 minutes to possibly find your form.

Also, any chance it's one of those recovered files from a scan disk? They
are often not very readable, but sometimes you'll get lucky.

g/l
tac

p.s. did you say 'backup' <g>

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Lost .frm file, vb5, what happened?
I think I am out of luck but maybe someone can offer a miracle. Here's
what happened (vb5):

1) I created a distributable version of the application using the app
wizard.

2) I installed it on my on system, in a couple of different
directories, tested it, worked fine.

3) I reopened the vb project and kept getting message like "can't find
xxxx form in oldFolder", where old folder was *not* where the project
was pointing.

4) I have to cancel numerous times to get out of the project.

5) I re-open the project again, and after the error message, instead of
canceling, I continue into the project, and it comes up. Everything
suddenly seems ok.

When I run it, it can't find the main form! So I try adding a form to
the project, and there's the missing form! I add it.

Run again - the form is a month out of date! I've lost a months's worth
of work!  Arrggh!!!!  What happened??????

Any possibility of recovering?  Nothing in the recycle bin, and I'm
pretty sure I can't decompile the executable.  I don't have a backup,
of course...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:01:42 GMT

1. Convert VB3 binary frm to VB5 frm files

2. VB5 and .FRM, .FRX files, vs. VB4 - question

3. Deleted .frm files in VB5 enterprise

4. Classes Losing there public property values when postback happens

5. Newbie Question: about file type for .frm files

6. Q: VB5 - Creating a password frm/maintaining passwords?

7. Converting VB3 .FRM and .BAS Binary format to VB5

8. Extract data frm Access with SQL in VB5

9. Converting VB3 .FRM and .BAS Binary format to VB5

10. Converting VB3 .FRM and .BAS Binary format to VB5

11. .BAS and. FRM files

12. .FRM files