Calculating elapsed time from date/time began from Date/time ended. Many THANKS!
Author Message
 Calculating elapsed time from date/time began from Date/time ended. Many THANKS!

Take a look at the DateDiff function.  It has a number of options for the
way in which you can return the difference between two date/time fields.
Ex:
Dim intSecs as Integer
intSecs = DateDiff("s", Date1,Date2)

would return the number of seconds between the two dates.
HTH
Nick

Quote:

> I have four controls, two are Date-Time Pickers set for Date and the
> last two are text boxes set for Time with the "...If Not IsTime()..."
> validation.

> It is the standard Date and Time problem began, Date and Time problem
> ended.

> I am trying to calculate the elapsed time between these in "" DAYS ""
> HOURS ""MINUTES.

> I coded this in Lotus Notes yet exporting my knowledge to VB is
> problematic.

> Has anyone a code snippet of how to do this in VB?

> Many, MANY thanks!

> G.

Wed, 08 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. REQ help: Calculating elapsed time from date/time began from Date/time ended. Many THANKS!

2. start date/time, end date/time problem

3. Elapsed Time between two dates and times

4. How to calculate the difference between two dates (time elapsed between two program starts)

5. Compare date in form with date/time in form with date/time in database

6. Calculating elapsed time and adding time values

7. Matching system date/time with field date/time

8. combining a time and a date to one Date/Time value

9. How to subtract a date-time from a date-time

10. ADO with Access Date/Time field not storing the time, just the date

11. Converting %date% %time% to VB Time/Date

12. Date/Time picker and calculating date differences