Getting a Device Context in VB for Win CE
Author Message
 Getting a Device Context in VB for Win CE

Hi,

The following is all relating to VB for Windows CE and NOT VB on a normal
windows platform.

At the moment I am using a hidden image control and the DrawImage() method
of the picture box control, which is displayed on the form, to perform a
simple scroll of a large image which is buffred in the hidden image control.
This is extreamly slow and want to use BitBlt() which will be considerably
faster.  So to use BitBlt() I need to get the device context of my large
image so I can blit portions of it.

I can't seem to be able to load an image from a file using the API.  I can
load one into a VB Image or PictureBox control but they don't give you a
device context to use, unlike normal VB.  So the question is how do I load
an image from a file so I can get a DC to it, and/or how do I get a DC to an
Image or PictureBox control.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. Extracts the bitmap context from device context

2. Print Device Context in VB

3. VB Picture Control fake Device Context

4. Problems passing Device Context handels from VB 4.0 to VC++2.0 DLL’s

5. Graphics positioning with device context in VB

6. VB Picture Control fake Device Context

7. Graphics positioning with device context in VB

8. connect in access database in vb.net on Win CE with SDE

9. VB and ODBC driver for Win CE DB's

10. VB and WIN CE

11. VB for Win CE

12. Can't start Books Online and WIN CE tools from VB IDE