What is runtime error 50003??
Author Message
 What is runtime error 50003??

   A friend of mine has written a program and he's asked for my help
in debugging and beta testing.
   One of his other beta-testers has gotten a "Runtime Error 50003
Unexpected Error" and we can't find anything about this error, or any
error this high.

   Any help on tracking this down would be greatly appreciated.

   Thanks,
   Scott

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What is runtime error 50003??

This question is asked on occation in this news group but I have yet to see
a solution. I looked at www.dejanews.com a few weeks ago and made a search
for 50003 got a few messages to look at but no definitive answers.
May be you will find what is causing your error

--
HTH
delete "RemoveMe."

Quote:
>    A friend of mine has written a program and he's asked for my help
> in debugging and beta testing.
>    One of his other beta-testers has gotten a "Runtime Error 50003
> Unexpected Error" and we can't find anything about this error, or any
> error this high.

>    Any help on tracking this down would be greatly appreciated.

>    Thanks,
>    Scott

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What is runtime error 50003??

Quote:

>   A friend of mine has written a program and he's asked for my help
>in debugging and beta testing.
>   One of his other beta-testers has gotten a "Runtime Error 50003
>Unexpected Error" and we can't find anything about this error, or any
>error this high.

>   Any help on tracking this down would be greatly appreciated.

>   Thanks,
>   Scott

I think it has to do with incompatible versions of the VB5 Runtime
routines.

On my web site I tell people to first try the two statements below
from the task bar Start - Run.  If that doesn't work, then I ask them
to download the VB5 Runtime routines from my site.

from my web site:

Some people are receiving an Error 50003. This is caused by an
incompatibility problem caused by a MicroSoft upgrade. This is not a
trappable error, therefore the  program crashes.

 For some people the problem is solved by pressing Start - Run on the
task bar and enter the following:
                     regsvr32.exe comctl32.ocx

Some people also need to enter:
                     regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll

--
Wolfgang John    - AM-WOLJO Shareware -

 - Phone Dialer and Logger - CD Player and Library - Win3.x / Win95 / NT
- CD Player imports data from GIANT internet library -
- FREE programmable 6 cities/countries world clock -

Please remove "nospam" from my signature if replying by email.

Sun, 24 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What is runtime error 50003??

I got the same error a while back.  Turned out we were missing a DLL or two.
Try doing a reinstallation of the application.  Our problem was caused by
someone running an EXE off the network without having done an install.  No DLLs
in the system directory, etc. etc.

Hope this helps!

Quote:

> This question is asked on occation in this news group but I have yet to see
> a solution. I looked at www.dejanews.com a few weeks ago and made a search
> for 50003 got a few messages to look at but no definitive answers.
> May be you will find what is causing your error

> --
> HTH
> delete "RemoveMe."

> >    A friend of mine has written a program and he's asked for my help
> > in debugging and beta testing.
> >    One of his other beta-testers has gotten a "Runtime Error 50003
> > Unexpected Error" and we can't find anything about this error, or any
> > error this high.

> >    Any help on tracking this down would be greatly appreciated.

> >    Thanks,
> >    Scott

Thu, 28 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What is runtime error 50003??

Quote:
>   One of his other beta-testers has gotten a "Runtime Error 50003
>Unexpected Error" and we can't find anything about this error, or any
>error this high.

 I had exactly this problem - my machine was fine, but a few users got
Error 50003 - and I couldn't figure out why. It took a while but:

 This is an OLE automation error. (I didn't think I was doing any OLE
either!) Are you playing .wavs ?

 The problem is that OLEAUT32.DLL needs updating for some people. I
suspect that distributing a fresh version and updating with regsvr would
do the trick, but my (easier for most people!) solution was:

 get the VB5 runtime update pack from microsoft - which includes a
couple of other files and updates them into the registry properly. (also
includes msvbvm50.dll )

 The file is large (1.4M?) but definately solves this problem.

 http//support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/Msvbvm50.exe

 Hope this helps,

 Howard Tomlinson

--

  /~~\          http://www.the-shades.demon.co.uk/astrasoft/astra.html
New Game for Win95!  http://www.mystro.demon.co.uk/astrasoft/bzzz.html

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What is runtime error 50003??

Quote:
>   A friend of mine has written a program and he's asked for my help
>in debugging and beta testing.
>   One of his other beta-testers has gotten a "Runtime Error 50003
>Unexpected Error" and we can't find anything about this error, or any
>error this high.

   We finally found the problem, thanks to everyone who posted and
emailed.

   The majority of the replies mentioned this DLL or that DLL but
always DLL DLL DLL. And this is what it was.

   After much digging, the programmer finally ran a duplicate file
finder, and found several duplicate DLLs on his system. The setup
programs - 3 or 4 different ones from different vendors including MS -
kept grabbing the older DLLs and putting them in the Setup program.
   After deleting the older dupes, he rebuilt the Setup with the
correct DLLS. However, users where still having problems.
   He finally found another installer program that did everything
correctly - compared versions, copied newer, and registered the DLLs.
   The users rejoiced.

   What a pain. This kind of stuff makes me pine for UNshared
libraries. Nowadays who cares if you waste some disk space? MS
certainly doesn't. (Don't get me started.) I'd rather waste 100 megs
on my system than have a program that won't load because of mismatched
DLLs. Anytime.

   Thanks again to those who replied.
   Scott

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unexpected error (runtime error 50003)

2. Runtime error 50003 - after Application Install

3. Runtime error "50003"

4. runtime error 50003

5. Runtime Error 50003

6. Runtime Error 50003 after Installing Application

7. Runtime error 50003

8. runtime error 50003

9. Runtime error 50003

10. what is runtime error 50003?

11. Runtime error 50003 on some machines

12. Runtime Error 50003