Simple programing question for Excel
Author Message
 Simple programing question for Excel

In a macro I have asked the user to enter a cell in an input box.  The program
then references that cell and bolds the contents.
Now I want the program to move down one cell and bold the contents to that one
as well.  How would I do  this?

Thank you.

Thu, 06 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Simple programing question for Excel

If you know what the current cell is and the worksheet is the active sheet,
try using the Offset method, as in...

ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select

    to select one row down from the active cell.

Or...

    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Font.Bold = True

to just bold the cell one row down, without moving the active cell.

Or...

    With ActiveCell
        .Offset(1,0).Select
        .Font.Bold = True
    End With

to do both

Quote:
> In a macro I have asked the user to enter a cell in an input box.  The
program
> then references that cell and bolds the contents.
> Now I want the program to move down one cell and bold the contents to
that one
> as well.  How would I do  this?

> Thank you.

Fri, 07 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Simple Question: Assigning Icon to an App : Simple Question

2. Simple question importing Excel to Access

3. Simple VBA/Excel question

4. Simple VBA/Excel question

5. A Simple Excel VB question

6. Right NewsGroup for VB programing in Excel 5.0

7. Looking for VB code or Access/Excel Applic accounting programing - vbcode.txt [1/1]

8. programing question:drag and drop

9. Help: VB4-16 programing question.

10. vb - multi thread programing question

11. simple question...what was the source code for this simple custom action (rules wizard)

12. SIMPLE QUESTION : SIMPLE ANSWER?