Getting info out of an .exe file
Author Message
 Getting info out of an .exe file

Wondering if anybody can help ?
Say I have a vb exe. which basically opens a form which has some text in a
textbox control.

Is it possible to have another VB app pick up the text from the .exe file ?

EuGin

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting info out of an .exe file
You would need a decompiler. There is one for vb3 and vb4, but it is nearly
impossible to create one for the later versions.

--
SOFTEYES - The World of Entertainment
Wir entwickeln Ihnen Ihr Wunschprogramm! Schnell und zuverl?ssig!

Fr mehr Infos besuchen Sie doch unsere Website www.softeyes.home.pages.de

Quote:
>Wondering if anybody can help ?
>Say I have a vb exe. which basically opens a form which has some text in a
>textbox control.

>Is it possible to have another VB app pick up the text from the .exe file ?

>EuGin

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting info out of an .exe file

Quote:
> Wondering if anybody can help ?
> Say I have a vb exe. which basically opens a form which has some text in a
> textbox control.

> Is it possible to have another VB app pick up the text from the .exe file

?
Yes... but it will be really, really, really hard... By using ActiveX Exe:
You have to select 'ActiveX Exe' and 'Standalone...' in your project
properties
then, create a class, with MultiUse behavior. The class should contain a
function that 'reads' the textbox value, and then returns it (because its a
function...)
Then, in your other program, use CreateObject("programname.classname"), and
read the data from the function. Does it look hard? It is! But if u really
want to do this, send me an email, I will give u more details.

Salar

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting info out of an .exe file
Wondering if anybody can help ?
Say I have a vb exe. which basically opens a form which has some text in a
textbox control.

Is it possible to have another VB app pick up the text from the .exe file ?

EuGin

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting info out of an .exe file
You would need a decompiler. There is one for vb3 and vb4, but it is nearly impossible to create one for the later versions.

--
SOFTEYES - The World of Entertainment Wir entwickeln Ihnen Ihr Wunschprogramm! Schnell und zuverl?ssig!

Quote:
>Wondering if anybody can help ?
>Say I have a vb exe. which basically opens a form which has some text in a
>textbox control.

>Is it possible to have another VB app pick up the text from the .exe file ?

>EuGin

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting info out of an .exe file

Quote:
> Wondering if anybody can help ?
> Say I have a vb exe. which basically opens a form which has some text in a
> textbox control.

> Is it possible to have another VB app pick up the text from the .exe file

?
Yes... but it will be really, really, really hard... By using ActiveX Exe:
You have to select 'ActiveX Exe' and 'Standalone...' in your project
properties
then, create a class, with MultiUse behavior. The class should contain a
function that 'reads' the textbox value, and then returns it (because its a
function...)
Then, in your other program, use CreateObject("programname.classname"), and
read the data from the function. Does it look hard? It is! But if u really
want to do this, send me an email, I will give u more details.

Salar

Mon, 03 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting info from the exe file.

2. Getting file info using a file list box and putting in an array

3. getting info about external image files

4. Getting file lock info across network

5. Getting Directory and File Info

6. Please help with getting info from a file

7. vb getting info from .HTML file

8. Getting audio file info

9. Getting info from mp3 files

10. Problem getting file info

11. Getting at the File Summary Info

12. Getting Company Name info from a DLL file in VB