No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB? 
Author Message
 No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB?

I'm new to VB.Could someone please tell me how to change the ForeColor of a
CommandButton control? I like the Caption of a CommandButton to be different
color based on certain criteria. I don't want to create pictures for every
single possible caption text.

Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff



Mon, 10 May 2004 06:04:37 GMT  
 No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB?
Visit http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/intrinsic/buttoncolorcheck.htm.

-Brad Cahoon


Quote:
> I'm new to VB.Could someone please tell me how to change the ForeColor of
a
> CommandButton control? I like the Caption of a CommandButton to be
different
> color based on certain criteria. I don't want to create pictures for every
> single possible caption text.

> Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

> Jeff



Mon, 10 May 2004 06:11:15 GMT  
 No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB?
or...

Press Ctrl+T to open your "components" list. Select Microsoft Forms 2.0
Object Library from the list. You will notice that new objects have been
added to your toolbar at the left. From here, add the new Command Button to
your form (the command button near the bottom of the toolbar). Once you have
done this, you will have access to the forecolor of the text via the
'forecolor' property.

-Brad Cahoon


Quote:
> Visit http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/intrinsic/buttoncolorcheck.htm.

> -Brad Cahoon



> > I'm new to VB.Could someone please tell me how to change the ForeColor
of
> a
> > CommandButton control? I like the Caption of a CommandButton to be
> different
> > color based on certain criteria. I don't want to create pictures for
every
> > single possible caption text.

> > Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

> > Jeff



Mon, 10 May 2004 06:15:50 GMT  
 No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB?
Brad,

Thank you very much for the help. Is the Microsoft Forms 2.0 controls newer
than the default ones? Are there any drawbacks to use the Forms 2.0 controls
or mix of them?

Thanks again.

Jeffrey Chen


Quote:
> or...

> Press Ctrl+T to open your "components" list. Select Microsoft Forms 2.0
> Object Library from the list. You will notice that new objects have been
> added to your toolbar at the left. From here, add the new Command Button
to
> your form (the command button near the bottom of the toolbar). Once you
have
> done this, you will have access to the forecolor of the text via the
> 'forecolor' property.

> -Brad Cahoon



> > Visit http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/intrinsic/buttoncolorcheck.htm.

> > -Brad Cahoon



> > > I'm new to VB.Could someone please tell me how to change the ForeColor
> of
> > a
> > > CommandButton control? I like the Caption of a CommandButton to be
> > different
> > > color based on certain criteria. I don't want to create pictures for
> every
> > > single possible caption text.

> > > Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

> > > Jeff



Mon, 10 May 2004 06:53:13 GMT  
 No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB?

Quote:
> Are there any drawbacks to use the Forms 2.0 controls

Yes ....

1) they are not supported by ms for use in vb
2) they can not be redistributed

Just because a control appears in the components list does not mean you have
the license to use it in the development environment, or redistribute it.
For more info see http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/faq/main/redistribution.htm

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.



Quote:
> Brad,

> Thank you very much for the help. Is the Microsoft Forms 2.0 controls
newer
> than the default ones? Are there any drawbacks to use the Forms 2.0
controls
> or mix of them?

> Thanks again.

> Jeffrey Chen



> > or...

> > Press Ctrl+T to open your "components" list. Select Microsoft Forms 2.0
> > Object Library from the list. You will notice that new objects have been
> > added to your toolbar at the left. From here, add the new Command Button
> to
> > your form (the command button near the bottom of the toolbar). Once you
> have
> > done this, you will have access to the forecolor of the text via the
> > 'forecolor' property.

> > -Brad Cahoon



> > > Visit http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/intrinsic/buttoncolorcheck.htm.

> > > -Brad Cahoon



> > > > I'm new to VB.Could someone please tell me how to change the
ForeColor
> > of
> > > a
> > > > CommandButton control? I like the Caption of a CommandButton to be
> > > different
> > > > color based on certain criteria. I don't want to create pictures for
> > every
> > > > single possible caption text.

> > > > Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

> > > > Jeff



Mon, 10 May 2004 08:09:27 GMT  
 No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB?
The only "correct" way is through subclassing -
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/subclass/buttoncolour.htm

A workaround - a nice word for a hack that works - is to use a checkbox
instead. Slightly different feel, but close ...
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/intrinsic/buttoncolorcheck.htm

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.


Quote:
> I'm new to VB.Could someone please tell me how to change the ForeColor of
a
> CommandButton control? I like the Caption of a CommandButton to be
different
> color based on certain criteria. I don't want to create pictures for every
> single possible caption text.

> Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

> Jeff



Mon, 10 May 2004 08:11:12 GMT  
 No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB?
Randy,

Thank you for all the inputs. Please tell me why MS's default CommandButton
control in VB6 doesn't have the ForeColor property like most other controls
do? Is this omission a design flaw or in purpose?

Jeff


Quote:
> The only "correct" way is through subclassing -
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/subclass/buttoncolour.htm

> A workaround - a nice word for a hack that works - is to use a checkbox
> instead. Slightly different feel, but close ...
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/intrinsic/buttoncolorcheck.htm

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic

> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

> Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.



Tue, 11 May 2004 01:10:12 GMT  
 No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB?

Quote:
> Thank you for all the inputs. Please tell me why MS's default
CommandButton
> control in VB6 doesn't have the ForeColor property like most other
controls
> do? Is this omission a design flaw or in purpose?

If you ask MS they will tell you its a design enhancement,
for the use and enjoyment of the user ...

... yeah, when pigs fly !

8-)

Jim



Tue, 11 May 2004 02:47:27 GMT  
 No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB?


Quote:
>If you ask MS they will tell you its a design enhancement,
>for the use and enjoyment of the user ...

Actually, since a user is supposed to be able to select color schemes
for their individual taste, it makes a bit of sense. It's just that
most every other control can be coloured.  
So i'm proposing that all the other controls are faulty. :-)

Quote:
>... yeah, when pigs fly !

You don't have police choppers over there ? ;-)

Regards, Frank



Tue, 11 May 2004 03:46:25 GMT  
 No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB?
Although it appears that this was a feature that was planned, but never
implemented (since its listed as a command button property in the msdn under
"BackColor, ForeColor Properties"), I suspect it was not provided because it
violates the ms style guidelines for application interfaces.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.



Quote:
> Randy,

> Thank you for all the inputs. Please tell me why MS's default
CommandButton
> control in VB6 doesn't have the ForeColor property like most other
controls
> do? Is this omission a design flaw or in purpose?

> Jeff



> > The only "correct" way is through subclassing -
> > http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/subclass/buttoncolour.htm

> > A workaround - a nice word for a hack that works - is to use a checkbox
> > instead. Slightly different feel, but close ...
> > http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/intrinsic/buttoncolorcheck.htm

> > --

> > Randy Birch
> > MVP Visual Basic

> > http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/

> > Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.



Tue, 11 May 2004 07:40:21 GMT  
 No ForeColor property for CommandButton control in VB?

Quote:
>>... yeah, when pigs fly !

>You don't have police choppers over there ? ;-)
>Regards, Frank

Here in the States (especially the southeast) we tend to
not "CHOP" our law enforcement representatives ... we
have the utmost respect for them. If you can't consume
them whole ... its best to leave 'em be.

ps: The large ones with the mirrored sunglasses are
       difficult to pass anyways ....

;-)

Jim



Tue, 11 May 2004 07:47:28 GMT  
 
 [ 11 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. CommandButton ForeColor Property????

2. CommandButton Forecolor

3. commandbutton forecolor

4. A commandbutton with forecolor....so simple....

5. CommandButton BackColor and ForeColor

6. ForeColor Property In Grid Control

7. Backcolor Property For CommandButton Control Not Working

8. Changing cell ForeColor property in a datagrid programmatically

9. forecolor property in apex data grid

10. Listbox and forecolor property in VB5.0

11. Command Button ForeColor Property

12. DtPicker missing ForeColor and BackColor properties

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software