Can't load COMCTL32.OCX
Author Message
 Can't load COMCTL32.OCX

hi,

I have a problem with a program I have written.

When I install this program, it needs two files,
MSVCRT.DLL and MSVCIRT.DLL. Why aren't these files
included with the installation program?

OK, now if I copy these two files into the
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ directory, the program installs.

But, this is the major problem, it comes up with
this error while installing it:

  An error occurred while registering the file
  'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMCTL32.OCX'

Then, the program won't run. It comes up with this error:

  Run-time error '367':
  Can't load (or register) custom control: 'COMCTL32.OCX'

The file COMCTL32.OCX is in the \WINDOWS\SYSTEM\
directory, but it can't seem to find it.

Please help,
Damian

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't load COMCTL32.OCX

Hi there,

We have exactly the same problem and we also do not know how to solve
it.  We thought that microsoft products were bugfree :)

We have been searching the net to find solutions, and we found out that
the Setup Wizard is full of problems, and people recommend not using it.
Our problem is now where do we find something similar ?

Sat, 04 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't load COMCTL32.OCX

hi,

i fixed my problem, sort of.

i just wrote a small batch file to copy across 3 files.

the files msvcrt.dll and msvcirt.dll, i checked if the existed
first, and if they didn't, copy then into the windows system
directory.

and the other problem, not being able to register comctl32.ocx,
it was a file by the name of oleaut32.dll, i copied that file
into their windows system directory, if it existed or not, because
it was on all other systems i tried it on, but with a different file
date, and it was about half the size.

so now the program installs ok, and runs great. :)

Damian

Quote:
> Hi there,

> We have exactly the same problem and we also do not know how to solve
> it.  We thought that microsoft products were bugfree :)

> We have been searching the net to find solutions, and we found out that
> the Setup Wizard is full of problems, and people recommend not using it.
> Our problem is now where do we find something similar ?

Tue, 07 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

2. can't load comctl32.ocx?

3. comctl32.ocx version 5.01.4319 - won't load

4. can't load comctl32.ocx file on some systems

5. can't load comctl32.ocx

6. COMCTL32.OCX Won't Load

7. COMCTL32.OCX won't load

8. comctl32.ocx cannot be loaded...continue loading project?

9. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

10. Cant load Comdlg32.ocx or comctl32.ocx

11. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

12. Dependency Files for comctl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx