VB4.0-32 OCX CreateObject vs drag onto form
Author Message
 VB4.0-32 OCX CreateObject vs drag onto form

I have created a test OCX in VC++2.0. If I drag it onto a VB4.0-32 form I
get an Assertion Failure error which I can ignore. (Doesn't seem to hurt
anything.) If I use CreateObject to get a reference to the OCX in code I
do not get an error. BTW this control has no visual interface (like the
Timer). I need to be able to fire an event in the VB code and can do that
if I drag the control onto the form and get the error but if I use the
CreateObject interface no event is created or fired even if I copy the
event code from the other project. I have read everything that I can find
on the subject but I can't seem to get to the bottom of this. Can anyone
help me with this, I am going nuts!  Thanks... Russ

Sun, 13 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. hPal Picture property in VB4/32 vs VB4/16

2. - Windows 95 Drag and Drop w/ VB4 (32-BIT)

3. File drag'ndrop in VB4.32

4. 16 vs 32 bit OCX, DLL

5. Data Control vs Remote Data Control (for Axx95 and VB4/32 Enterprise)

6. DRAG an ATTACHMENT from an outlook incoming email message, ONTO a vb6 form directly

7. DLL 32 vs 16 bit in VB4

8. VB4 16-bit vs 32-bit

9. Drag FILENAME from explorer and DROP onto VB form

10. Dragging Desktop Icon onto Form

11. VB4 16-bit vs 32-bit

12. Drag Files onto Form