How do I exclude duplicate database records
Author Message
 How do I exclude duplicate database records

Quote:
> I am trying to extract records from a database but want to exclude
> duplicates.

> I have read about the method/argument used for this exercise but can't
> for the fife of me find it just when I need to use it.

<snip>

Frank, try DISTINCTROW, as in:
SELECT DISTINCTROW Dept FROM SalesTable ;

Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I exclude duplicate database records

Hi there,

I use VB 3.0 pro & Windows 3.1. and am cross posting in
comp.lang.basic.visual.database.

I am trying to extract records from a database but want to exclude
duplicates.

I have read about the method/argument used for this exercise but can't
for the fife of me find it just when I need to use it.

Can someone point me in the right direction please.

Many thanks in advance.

Frank White

Voice 61 8 9455 3475
or      61 8 9455 3530
Fax   61 8 9455 6767

-------------------------------------

Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I exclude duplicate database records

------=_NextPart_000_01BCE9FA.114EBD40

Quote:

> I am trying to extract records from a database but want to exclude
> duplicates.

> I have read about the method/argument used for this exercise but can't
> for the fife of me find it just when I need to use it.

I think SELECT DISTINCT ROW is what you are looking for

Andy Maycock
------=_NextPart_000_01BCE9FA.114EBD40

trying to extract records from a database but want to exclude<br>&gt; =
duplicates.<br>&gt; <br>&gt; I have read about the method/argument used =
for this exercise but can't<br>&gt; for the fife of me find it just when =
------=_NextPart_000_01BCE9FA.114EBD40--

Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I exclude duplicate database records

Quote:

> > I am trying to extract records from a database but want to exclude
> > duplicates.

> > I have read about the method/argument used for this exercise but can't
> > for the fife of me find it just when I need to use it.
> <snip>

> Frank, try DISTINCTROW, as in:
> SELECT DISTINCTROW Dept FROM SalesTable ;

Um, Cav, I think he wants the DISTINCT keyword. DISTINCTROW will give you
every single row, DISTINCT will give you every unique combination of
selected fields.

Mon, 24 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How do I exclude duplicate database records

2. I am getting duplicate records, I mean everything is duplicate even Access record number

3. Exclude a record from a database in SQL statement

4. Database - duplicate records

5. Removing Duplicate Records in a Database.recordset

6. Delete duplicate records from two databases.

7. Removing duplicate records in a database.

8. Keep track of excludes for each record

9. Complex queries - excluding records on some, but not all, of the field list

10. excluding certain records at runtime

11. Excluding deleted dBASE records

12. Keep Track of Excluded Users for each Record