OCX registering... and OCA
Author Message
 OCX registering... and OCA

Hi,

I added an OCX to my application, so to distribute this application, I added
to the zip package containing the VB executable, VB6 Dlls and of course the
OCX needed.

Must I add the OCA file ? Must users register the OCX with regsrv32.exe ?

Many users get the message :
"Failed to load control 'ExtLV' from EXTLVCTL.OCX. Your version of
EXTLVCTL.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the
control that was provided with your application."

But they don't have any older versions of this ocx...

Thanks

Mike

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:12:12 GMT
 OCX registering... and OCA
No - the .oca file is used by the VB IDE it stores info about the ocx (in
fact if you delete the .oca files then start up VB it will spend some time
creating the .oca files - I have had to do this in the past to fix a
problem)
The .ocx needs to be registered - easiest way is to use the setup program
(use the Package and Deployment tool if you are unsure)

Quote:
> Hi,

> I added an OCX to my application, so to distribute this application, I
added
> to the zip package containing the VB executable, VB6 Dlls and of course
the
> OCX needed.

> Must I add the OCA file ? Must users register the OCX with regsrv32.exe ?

> Many users get the message :
> "Failed to load control 'ExtLV' from EXTLVCTL.OCX. Your version of
> EXTLVCTL.OCX may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the
> control that was provided with your application."

> But they don't have any older versions of this ocx...

> Thanks

> Mike

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:58:09 GMT

1. Register problems, VB Setup dont register HTML.OCX, cant load or register

2. OCA/OCX/Visual Basic 6.0 problem

3. Difference between ocx and oca

4. help : OCX/OCA/ missing reference

5. OCX/OCA Problem

6. Search dsSock32.ocx et dsSock32.oca

7. OCX/OCA

8. mscomm32.ocx & oca

9. What changes my OCX reference to and OCA reference

10. Access Denied when creating OCA, from a OCX

11. A problem with ocx written in visual c++ only in vb (oca problem)

12. MSComctlLib.ocx vs MSComctlLib.oca?