RDO and ODBC, time out error
Author Message
 RDO and ODBC, time out error

Hi,

I'm rather new in Visual Basic 4.0/RDO programming. In my application I
make a
connection with SQL server using the following code:

  strConn = "DSN=PGS"
  Set envUser = rdoEngine.rdoEnvironments(0)
  Set conUser =
envUser.OpenConnection(dsname:="PGS",Prompt:=rdDriverPrompt,
ReadOnly:=False, Connect:=strConn)

When I start the application for the first time, all goes well. When I
start the application for the second time on another Windows-NT client,
while the first one still runs on the other client, I get:

error message 400002

S1T00:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Time Out expired.

It seems like the database is locked and can only be accessed by one
user at the time. I assume this is not meant to be like that.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Best whishes,
Toine Schijvenaars
Twinfo BV

Wed, 02 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. RDO and ODBC, time out error

2. Filesystem Time outs

3. Session Variable Time-outs

4. Time-outs

5. Need help with time outs

6. ?Oracle Date/Time and RDO/ODBC

7. Accessing to a ODBC MSAccess database by rdo at same time

8. Run-Time Error 40002 (Internal Driver ODBC Error)...

9. RDO Connection Error 40002 on ODBC DSN

10. rdo-->ODBC-->SQL6.0 (Errors on Addnew, Update)

11. resultset errors using rdo/odbc in 7.0

12. ODBC Error 'hstmt' when using RDO